Colbert' hour-long Joe Biden interview

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
For further context

This is the same insulting rhetoric that implies that the Democrats own the black voter. It's bullshit, and there are plenty of black republicans, who have actually been able to think for themselves and not felt the need to be bonded to the democratic party. Biden deserves to be torched over this.
Is that what you think? How can anyone dictate what party a person has to vote for? People are free to make their individual choices and to say other wise, based on race, is a disgusting position to take. This country stopped owning black people when slavery was abolished, but apparently the democrats still want to claim some ownership, so they've found other ways, guilting them and making them dependent on government, then telling them every 4 years that republicans are racists.

Feigned conservative outrage is so cute. Such tender fee-fees. Unsurprisingly, most black people probably agree with Biden-

According to a 2004 study, 13.7% of blacks identified as "Conservative" or "Extremely Conservative"[5] with another 14.4% identifying as slightly conservative. However, the same study indicated that less than ten percent identified as Republican or Republican-leaning. Likewise, a 2007 Pew Research Center survey showed that 19% of blacks identified as Religious Right.[6] In 2004, the Pew Research Center indicated only 7% of blacks identified as Republican.[7]

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
His interview with Charlemagne(sp) the God was worse. Albeit for other reasons.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
For further context

This is the same insulting rhetoric that implies that the Democrats own the black voter. It's bullshit, and there are plenty of black republicans, who have actually been able to think for themselves and not felt the need to be bonded to the democratic party. Biden deserves to be torched over this.
Shocked you didn’t say lynched. You are becoming more PC before you know it you won’t despise your fellow humans.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
you can see from you years of post history that i am left wing* and thoroughly hate trump.
your post exclusively attacks me and has nothing to say about the video itself.

(*mostly)
actually it says a lot about you! Left wing -- hahhahahaa yeah right!!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Me too, and I don't even know what one is. But whatever it is, it would have to be an improvement. I'm firmly in the "Any competent adult 2020" camp.
The last time I saw one it looked like an ordinary house brick which is why I'd pick it over Trump.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Looks like the black folks are handling Biden just fine on twitter.

But yeah, Biden... he has a bit of history of off camber and racist comments. It's funny seeing people tying themselves in knots trying to defend him.

2006: "You can't go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent"

February 2007: Obama is "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean”

August 2012: “Put y’all back in chains”

June 2019: Biden touts his work with segregationist senators

August 2019: “Poor kids” just as bright as “white kids”

I'm sure there's plenty more out there, but these are just what it took me a few seconds to find.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Again, we're talking Trump here.
The bar isn't that high.
Lets just wait for the debates, that is if Trump doesn't chicken out.
I doubt that Trump will debate because he never wants to answer questions about his piss-poor handling of the pandemic. We all have seen this when Trump shuts down reporters during those live Whitehouse updates. That is why Trump stopped giving those live updates, he feared the questions. Just imagine Trump's fear at what Joe Biden might ask, or point out during a debate. Naw.... Trump will never debate. He fooled people once during those 2016 debates, but as the saying goes "you can't fool me twice". Joe says dumb things, from time to time, but.... the bar isn't that high. We're up against Donald Trump for gods sake, not some Albert Einstein.