Coincidence? I think i'll let the doctor decide.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
I came back from Costa Rica on friday with about 20-30 medium to large bug bites... Most werent bad (as they were from the black fly) except two unknowns, about 1/4 long with black dots on top. I had them for a few days down there and they both were pretty much gone by yesterday...

However, today, im sicker than sh_t. My voice is all but gone and i cant keep any food down and anything that does make it through is out of me w/i 5 minutes.

Coincidence or did i get something down there?

i have an appt at noon :(

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Yeah - you might want to make a Dr. appt. I live in Panama for 5 years, and was outside constantly, and never had anything like that (in fact, I think I reveloped a good resistance to bugs - because when I moved up here to FL, I've never had a problem with bug bites....).

Anyway, I hope it's not serious :(

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
You're gonna die.

Dell UltraSharp 1905FP Shuttle XP17 Syntax Olevia 30" LCD Samsung 172X Sharp LL-191A-B

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: desk
man, where did you go? i didn't get any bug bites down there.

playa hermosa (few bites)
monteverde cloud forest (tons)
escazu (few bites)

desk

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2004
Originally posted by: aphex
Originally posted by: desk
man, where did you go? i didn't get any bug bites down there.

playa hermosa (few bites)
monteverde cloud forest (tons)
escazu (few bites)

ahhh...i didn't go to the cloud forest. how was that? i heard it's amazing.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: VirtualLarry
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Malaria?

That's what I was wondering. I hope not. Aphex, get well man!

Tonic water usually has quinine in it. In my professional opinion, you should be drinking gin and tonic. Lots of it.

Papagayo

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2003
Looks like you either ate something bad or reaction to something you got from down there..

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
You took the Phalanx Cotal treatment, recommended by the CR gov't, 2 weeks prior to going there, right? If not, you're SCREWED.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
malaria maybe? you did get immunized before you went didn't you? if you didn't, then you shouldn't be shocked now.