Cohen flips, states Trump knew of 2016 Trump Tower meeting with Russian intel agents in advance

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/26/...-trump-june-2016-meeting-knowledge/index.html

Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, claims that then-candidate Trump knew in advance about the June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower in which Russians were expected to offer his campaign dirt on Hillary Clinton, sources with knowledge tell CNN. Cohen is willing to make that assertion to special counsel Robert Mueller, the sources said.

Cohen's claim would contradict repeated denials by Trump, Donald Trump Jr., their lawyers and other administration officials who have said that the President knew nothing about the Trump Tower meeting until he was approached about it by The New York Times in July 2017.

Mueller just needs to flip Manafort now for corroboration. Which looks likely as he's an old man facing the rest of his life in prison.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Lock him up!!!

And now we have collusion by trump himself.

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
It may be that Trump has more to worry about with Cohen's revelations than he does with Mueller. Things are just starting to happen with Cohen and we already have Trump being shown to have known about payoffs, his CFO brought in to testify and now this. I wonder if this is where things start to snowball.

Nov 8, 2012
To be honest by now I was hoping for something more juicy... Like a meeting or recording that we didn't already know about that is the ultimate bullet.

Yes, we already knew he paid off Stormy, a tape of that isn't new - just a potential confirmation it happened - but nothing indicating it was paid with campaign funds.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Cohen's lawyer Lanny Davis is claiming Trump's legal team leaked this to the media...and he has no idea why...

Is Trump's legal team going straight for the mistrial defense???

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
To be honest by now I was hoping for something more juicy... Like a meeting or recording that we didn't already know about that is the ultimate bullet.

Yes, we already knew he paid off Stormy, a tape of that isn't new - just a potential confirmation it happened - but nothing indicating it was paid with campaign funds.
I'm gonna pull a version of @MomentsofSanity on ya (or for the die hard-on TrHumpers)...

... But short of a smoking gun after he shoots some one on fifth avenue... I'm just fu*king with ya

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

So in a case where the claim is that the trump campaign and trump himself colluded with Russia to help him win the 2016 election, we have an eye witness that says trump did indeed know about this meeting in trump tower and he approved of it, to you its underwhelming?

Sure.

Nov 8, 2012
So in a case where the claim is that the trump campaign and trump himself colluded with Russia to help him win the 2016 election, we have an eye witness that says trump did indeed know about this meeting in trump tower and he approved of it, to you its underwhelming?

Sure.

I thought this was already well established ? They (I believe trump jr?) had a meeting with Russians before the election.

I mean if there is a tape of the meeting and they were talking about collusion in it then by all means... But if there isn't he can always say it was business related.

I'm on your side here - I hope they find shit.... But it just doesn't look like this stuff is going to be the silver bullet or anything. Hopefully it indicates something more juicy is on the way.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
What was the date of this meeting? What was the date that Trump asked Russia to hack Hillary on TV?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I thought this was already well established ? They (I believe trump jr?) had a meeting with Russians before the election.

I mean if there is a tape of the meeting and they were talking about collusion in it then by all means... But if there isn't he can always say it was business related.

I'm on your side here - I hope they find shit.... But it just doesn't look like this stuff is going to be the silver bullet or anything. Hopefully it indicates something more juicy is on the way.

Yes it was known that trump jr and a few others were in that meeting. What was unknown (and I believe trump denied knowledge) was whether trump himself was involved. The answer is apparently yes. What this means is that trump was working with Russia to help him win the election, full stop. Not only is that illegal but I certainly would qualify that as treason at worst and a conspiring to defraud the American people at best.

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Oh shit. The gop will surely move to.... bahahahahaha im just fucking with you.

Carry on.

Na, the Republicans are going to do jack no matter what's found unless it's extraordinary even by Trump standard. What may happen is Trump's dearest thing besides his ego, his fortune. He may be immune to criminal repercussions but his empire? Nope, especially here in NY where Cuomo would love to sharpen his claws for his own advancement.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Cohen's lawyer Lanny Davis is claiming Trump's legal team leaked this to the media...and he has no idea why...

Is Trump's legal team going straight for the mistrial defense???

Could be a way of getting ahead of some things. It's better to confess and downplay at one's time of choice than to have it outed by another. Just speculation, but Lanny is good, not like his client. He won't be caught releasing something like this unless he admits to it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Trump probably did this to get ahead on the Cohen's a liar campaign," He was only a parking ticket & Cab fixer...nothing more." Rudy was on CNN trotting out the Cohen's a Liar, nothing to see here,pardon me...Time to move the goalposts
Discredit, duh-vert, etc. Same thing they're doing wrt Rosenstein, Mueller,FBI officials, etc.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Trump probably did this to get ahead on the Cohen's a liar campaign," He was only a parking ticket & Cab fixer...nothing more." Rudy was on CNN trotting out the Cohen's a Liar, nothing to see here,pardon me...Time to move the goalposts
Discredit, duh-vert, etc. Same thing they're doing wrt Rosenstein, Mueller,FBI officials, etc.

Of course Rudy leaked it in an attempt to discredit Cohen. Dirty rat fink was taping conversations w/o telling people. That's true, as far as it goes, but it won't change what's on the tapes...

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I thought Trump's bitches were ok with liars??

Reactions: skull

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I thought Trump's bitches were ok with liars??
Only if they're supporting or are Trump, who knew consistency could be so hard?
Laura Ingramm tonight, was continuing with the Liar bit and claiming there's nothing to see here.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
"I am going to give a major speech on probably Monday of next week and we’re going to be discussing all of the things that have taken place with the Clintons. I think you’re going to find it very informative and very, very interesting. I wonder if the press will want to attend, who knows."

--Donald J. Trump, June 8, 2016

This was the day before the Trump Tower Russia meeting. They didn't get the dirt on Clinton, and Trump cancelled his planned speech for June 12 (though he blamed the Orlando nightclub shooting at the time.)

Reactions: Bitek

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

The fact that the purpose of the meeting was collusion to help Trump win the election was already well established. We have emails between Don Jr. and the Russians that say it explicitly. Their line however was that Trump himself wasn’t involved, but this blows that up too.

The idea that Trump didn’t know has always been a ridiculous lie but this is apparently now explicit proof that it’s a lie.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
great news, but sad that this was obvious to anyone with half a brain last year when the meeting was first revealed.

of course trump was aware of it, a first grader should be able to figure that out.

Reactions: SteveGrabowski