coffee upsets my stomach

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Whenever I drink coffee or some kind of coffee type drink (mocha) i always have to go to the bathroom soon after. is this a coffee allergy? i dont think its a caffeine allergy since i drink copious amounts of coke at times without any problems.

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
No, thank god..

Coffee keeps me from punching my co-workers in the throat.

As far as the "bathroom" thing, no I dont think its an allergy. Caffeine is a stimulant, so a big jolt of it ( like coffee) tends to get things moving down there. And typically coffee or those mocha drinks have quite a bit more caffeine than coke.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Doodoo
I think coffee is a mild diarhettic (sp?).
Are you thinking of Diuretic? i dont think caffeine makes me pee. unless you're thinking of laxative, which it could be... to me atleast

moonbit

Dec 15, 2006
This isn't unusual. I know people who drink coffee sometimes just for this reaction.

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Since I started drinking coffee, I have gained 2 inches in length on my penis, and my love life has never been better.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
My bet is lactose intolerance due to the creamer. I first discovered I was lactose intolerant after drinking frappacinos on my way to work and having bloating, cramps, and if it was really bad, diarrhea soon after arriving :eek:

Black coffee in general gives me a slight upset stomach in the morning anyway, but I think thats due to drinking a bitter acidic liquid on an empty stomach.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
It's a highly acidic drink. The acid in it is what causes much of the GI issues.

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005

So are you actually getting an upset stomach, or does it just make you wanna take the browns to the superbowl ?

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
I'll sometimes feel a stomach rumble or two shortly after drinking coffee, especially if I've eaten breakfast fairly soon beforehand, but it usually resolves itself after a few minutes. It can be a bit unsettling, although I'd rather deal with that than the effects of caffeine withdrawal come midday.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
It happens to be if I haven't eaten, especially with espresso drinks.

It's a satisfying poop though... none of that runny stuff.

jhayx7

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Zysoclaplem
Since I started drinking coffee, I have gained 2 inches in length on my penis, and my love life has never been better.

:Q

*makes another pot*

hypn0tik

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
I have similar problems. Any type of coffee or caffeine makes me have to go to the bathroom soon after.