Coffee Lake vs Ryzen gaming and streaming results

Aug 11, 2008
Six core CL clearly maintains it's lead in gaming vs 8 core Ryzen, even while streaming.

"One thing is clear from these results: all of our chips take a big performance hit from being asked to game and stream all at once. At least in the case of streaming Far Cry 5, though, the Coffee Lake competition keeps frame rates higher and 99th-percentile frame times lower than any of the Ryzen 7 parts we tested."

link

• Haha
Reactions: Grazick

epsilon84

Golden Member
Aug 29, 2010
Six core CL clearly maintains it's lead in gaming vs 8 core Ryzen, even while streaming.

"One thing is clear from these results: all of our chips take a big performance hit from being asked to game and stream all at once. At least in the case of streaming Far Cry 5, though, the Coffee Lake competition keeps frame rates higher and 99th-percentile frame times lower than any of the Ryzen 7 parts we tested."

link

Interesting results, I guess at 6Mbps the 8700K/8086K is still ahead. This is in contrast to the results from Gamers Nexus which had the 2700X ahead, but that was done at 10Mbps IIRC

Aug 11, 2008
Interesting results, I guess at 6Mbps the 8700K/8086K is still ahead. This is in contrast to the results from Gamers Nexus which had the 2700X ahead, but that was done at 10Mbps IIRC
Could depend on the game(s) also. I though Far Cry 5 was kind of a strange choice. Isn't that was more gpu bound game than cpu?

Headfoot

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2008
Would be interesting to see if a Threadripper or Skylake X higher core count CPU would suffer no frametime hit from streaming. To determine if this is a core count problem or just part of the way streaming works with OBS. Interesting article though