COD4 problem

JF060392

Apr 2, 2005
is any ones COd4 for 360 live working. is it just me or has COD4 having XBL problems lately?

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
Originally posted by: JF060392
is any ones COd4 for 360 live working. is it just me or has COD4 having XBL problems lately?

It's been off and on like this for almost 2 weeks now. the xbox support page now specifically says COD4 is having a problem and that they are working on it. Just like they have been working on it since the weekend before christmas... right.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
figures

If you introduce a large number of users (Christmas) to a network, you're bound to have issues. Relax, give it time.

holden j caufield

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 1999
lol there are well over 1.5 million COD4 360 users. That's a lot. When my friend started before christmas his kills rank was ~800k he hasn't played and it's now 1.5 million

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Modeps
figures

If you introduce a large number of users (Christmas) to a network, you're bound to have issues. Relax, give it time.

Well to be honest at first that was my general opinion. But we are right on about 2 weeks now. I understand that it's over 2 holiday weeks, but that doesn't matter when you are running a service like Live which is up 24/7. If you are telling me they didn't plan on a lot of new systems/accounts being added to the network, then that is extremely poor planning.

The problems with Live/COD4 were present well before Christmas. It just wasn't as bad or as noticeable as it is now.

edit: well they took the COD4 portion of the support status page off. maybe it works now?

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: chrisg22
Originally posted by: Modeps
figures

Well to be honest at first that was my general opinion. But we are right on about 2 weeks now. I understand that it's over 2 holiday weeks, but that doesn't matter when you are running a service like Live which is up 24/7. If you are telling me they didn't plan on a lot of new systems/accounts being added to the network, then that is extremely poor planning.

The problems with Live/COD4 were present well before Christmas. It just wasn't as bad or as noticeable as it is now.

edit: well they took the COD4 portion of the support status page off. maybe it works now?

It's getting better. It was so bad for a while that it would freeze my entire system when it failed to connect... then it was just error messages... then for the last couple hours I've not had any problems.

indamixx99

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2006
Well, I guess it's a good thing I shipped out my 360 for RRoD repair on Monday. Hopefully they'll have most of these issues fixed by the time I get it back.

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
Originally posted by: indamixx99
Well, I guess it's a good thing I shipped out my 360 for RRoD repair on Monday. Hopefully they'll have most of these issues fixed by the time I get it back.

Well on Majornelsons new podcast, all of the major issues have been resolved. Last night everything ended up working just fine, although a little bit laggy . ( the xbox live menus..)