COD4 online

SpeedZealot369

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2006
I'm trying to play the game online, but because I didn't install punkbuster originally, the game won't let me play online! and I can't seem to find a place to download it... and also my dvd drive isn't working so I can't even reinstall it lol. Anybody been through this problem before??

thanks

SZ
-

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005
do a search on punkbuster. it should have installed automatically. make sure u have the service turned on automatic.. because if the service is off. then it wont run. they usually have the downloads on there site

LS8

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2008
You need to download the client, add your game to PB and then let PB download the needed updates for your game.

You can get the client here.

LS8

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2008
Originally posted by: FuryofFive
do a search on punkbuster. it should have installed automatically. make sure u have the service turned on automatic.. because if the service is off. then it wont run. they usually have the downloads on there site

Not necessarily. You can choose not to install PB during setup of any games that comes with the software. A lot of people choose not to install the software because they don't know what it is.

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005
Originally posted by: LS8

Not necessarily. You can choose not to install PB during setup of any games that comes with the software. A lot of people choose not to install the software because they don't know what it is.

hence why i refered him to the punkbuster website...

LS8

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2008

Hence my usage of the phrase "Not necessarily". We could do this all day.

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005

i gave the user all the information he needed.. so u correcting me was not needed...

i told him to check the website and i gave him info on if he did have it installe... for all we know he has it installed but disabled

LS8

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2008

i gave the user all the information he needed.. so u correcting me was not needed...

i told him to check the website and i gave him info on if he did have it installe... for all we know he has it installed but disabled

I didn't think so which is why I added additional information. If that makes you upset, well, that really isn't my problem.

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005

I didn't think so which is why I added additional information. If that makes you upset, well, that really isn't my problem.

whatever bro. and yes i can do this all day..

SpeedZealot369

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2006
ok so apparantly it still didn't fix my problem. some kind of error with PnkBstra

"...Restriction: service communication failure: PnkBstrA.exe"

any ideas?

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005
the service is off most likely
-goto task manager and see of that service is running, if not
-go into your administrative tasks in control panel. and tell your computer to turn the service on and set to auto

SpeedZealot369

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2006
hmmm I don't see it there. Im using vista. I went into Administrative tools, services, and got a long list of stuff but didn't see PB or punkbuster there..

FuryofFive

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2005
its still there in vista, probaly under a different name then. not sure what its called in vista, i have vista at home..im at work though :(