Coca-Cola or Pepsi?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Hey anyone know why caffeine is added to soda pop? This came up in another thread and I don't know the answer unless it is to get people hooked on the pop.

Pepsi is my vote. Coke is too fizzy and just doesn't taste as good.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Caffine is a stimulant, and an addictive stimulant at that. If you want people coming back for more, why wouldn't you add it if you were pepsi or coke?

How many people do you see buying decaff mountain dew/pepsi? not many at all.

Doomguy

Platinum Member
May 28, 2000
Pepsi is obviously worse than pepsi because their add's always say how its better than coke whereas coke just as some dumb commercials.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
vi_edit, hmmm, I have tried caffeine free Pepsi. It didn't taste any different. Why didn't I stick with buying it then? Well, it's harder to find at the grocer for one thing and I'm probably subconsciously hooked on caffeine. Damnit! :)

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
Coke and pepsi are equally good. I'm not saying they taste the same, but I'm saying they both kick ass. In 20oz or can sizes, coke is better, in 1 or 2 liter, pepsi is better. Don't ask why, but it's true.

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
Coke all the way for me. But, I will drink Pepsi if it's all that is available. I also am fond of Mountain Dew. It's my substitute for coffee.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
I prefer Pepsi over coke but I prefer Jolt grape flavor and almost all the Stewart's over that.Jones soda is very good also.Especialy the blue bubblegum flavor.It is also the only soda company that sells Whoop Ass by the case.

4824guy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Coke for me. It seems to have a stronger cola flavor and is less sweet than Pepsi I think.

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
I'm from Atlanta. One guess on what I like, and it doesn't begin with a 'p'. Coke all the way if I have a choice. But I like Pepsi too.

Actually, I usually drink Diet Coke or Pepsi One (whatever's on sale that particular week). The sugar in Coke/Pepsi keeps me awake when I try to sleep.

Napalm381

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yucky and Knight Breed- NO, Mountain Dew does not affect sperm count. Just an "urban legend".

Untamo

Banned
Mar 25, 2000
Milk, Raspberry Ice Tea, Strawberry Lemonade, Red Robin's "Strawberry Ecstasy", Water.

In that order. What can I say, carbonation sucks. So does soda.

DirkBelig

Banned
Oct 15, 1999
I prefer Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke, BUT Pepsi seems to dry my singing voice out too much and they changed the two-liter bottles a couple of years ago and the flange at the top is too narrow and dig into my index finger. So, I usually buy Coke in two-liters. Got that?

Gorgonzola

Golden Member
Nov 22, 1999
diet coke for me. im hooked on it, although for some reason i hate normal coke. i think dr. pepper is better than coke or pepsi.

Gorgonzola

Golden Member
Nov 22, 1999
DirkBelig, tell me you didn't decide to change product just because they changed that thing at the top of the bottle. :)