Cobb County GA only kills black people?

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
Jan 25, 2011
Yeah that seems less like an admission of guilt and more of a stupid attempt to say something to an uncooperative suspect to get them to comply. Was stupid but I don't believe this was meant as a true statement.

Reactions: Thunder 57

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
That's discrimination against whites.
Where is Jeff Sessions stepping in on this? I'm sure there are plenty of white people out there who feel they are unfairly and unconstitutionally denied access to all the fun associated with police violence, brutality, and homicide?

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Yeah that seems less like an admission of guilt and more of a stupid attempt to say something to an uncooperative suspect to get them to comply. Was stupid but I don't believe this was meant as a true statement.
Was going to post this. Pretty idiotic thing to say, but I don't think he was making a declaration.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
i do believe he was joking/de-escalating the situation, but it was an extremely stupid thing for a cop to say.
I thought it was extremely obvious from his tone that he was being sarcastic. But I agree, really stupid for him to say that to a random person he pulled over. It's not like he was having some beers off duty with his non-cop buddies and made a joke about it.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Not sure if he should have been fired for just that statement, but certainly I would consider it behavior that requires a punitive response. Another possibility is he has history of skating that line and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. But kudos to Cobb County for not sweeping it under the rug either in statement or in prompt action once the video was brought to their attention.

As a side note, I grew up mostly in Cobb Co GA. Interesting place. Kennesaw has a law mandating that each household possess a firearm and ammunition for said firearm. But if you read the law, it basically says you must do so unless for some reason you really shouldn't have one or otherwise don't want to.