Coax Cable and Splitter Not Working

MainFramed

Diamond Member
May 29, 2002
I just got a spliter for my bedroom where i have the cable modem, and it works when its connect to just a coax cable to and from the wall, but when its connected into the splitter it doesnt. my tv works through the splitter. im not getting it. any ideas?

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
Your splitter is blocking your cable modem's frequency. Get a different one (a good one)

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
You went with the cheap one, not the right one. The right one will cost a few more bucks, and will handle 5-1100mhz, which is what you need for cable modem usage. Go back to Radioshack and tell them you need the Bi-Directional splitter, and fork out the $10 for it.

Yomicron

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2002
The problem is either your splitter or the cabling you are using. I know with Cox you can just go to one of their offices and ask for some cable and a splitter and they'll give them to you for free. Your cable provider might do the same.

juice22

Apr 23, 2005
I have the same problem. I tried a 5-2000ghz splitter from the hardware store. That work for 3 days and now it doesnt work at all. a cheap 5-900mhz did the same. I'm trying to pull hdtv along with the cable modem at the same time? Maybe I'm exceeding bandwidth?