Coalition Suspends Joint Operations With Afghan Forces!

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
Hello all,

http://www.rferl.org/content/afghanistan-joint-operations-insider-attacks/24711988.html

I am fed up with radical Muslims just like the rest of you all. Any little international incident or event the Muslims go wild and kill off innocent non-Muslims. How many times have Christians and Catholics to name a few, been under attack and do we go wild in the streets? Enough is enough!

Anyway, no matter how long the US stays in Afghanistan and no matter how much money the USA pumps into the Country, will it even matter because of Islam?

Honestly, if the USA leaves now or ten years from now, how long after before the Country collapses due to radical Islam or even Islam on a whole?

I think Afghanistan is doomed for failure no matter what!! Why stay there much longer?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I've advocated withdraw for some time now once it became clear that reform was not wanted. I believe that you are correct that in when we leave there will be a collapse back into what was. This was a clear error on the part of those who started the war and their assumption that everyone in the ME wanted to be "little Americans" and just needed to be shown the "truth".

So what are we doing? Saving face. Poor reason to have our own killed.

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
I've advocated withdraw for some time now once it became clear that reform was not wanted. I believe that you are correct that in when we leave there will be a collapse back into what was. This was a clear error on the part of those who started the war and their assumption that everyone in the ME wanted to be "little Americans" and just needed to be shown the "truth".

So what are we doing? Saving face. Poor reason to have our own killed.

Exactly!

I can think of many people converting to Islam but cannot think of any person converting from Islam to another religion. Islam is a hard shell to crack.

Poor Country + many uneducated people + radical Islam = lost cause?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Our military does not belong there.

I think Afghanistan is doomed for failure no matter what!! Why stay there much longer?

Our leaders are corrupt. From politicians to the military. They want to sacrifice enough money and lives to ensure that they can claim victory some day. Our soldiers are dying so their commanders can save face! If that isn't treachery, what is?

Last edited:

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Our military does not belong there.

Our leaders are corrupt. From politicians to the military. They want to sacrifice enough money and lives to ensure that they can claim victory some day. Our soldiers are dying so their commanders can save face! If that isn't treachery, what is?

I don't think that's the case. Afghanistan is a political failure. I've heard high level officers (GOs) express their thoughts on the hopelessness of Afghanistan's future. But when it comes down to it, we're told to be here, so here we are. We do our best with our hands tied behind our backs, but we just want to leave.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
My nepew is headed back to Afghanastain. his update on facebook says it all

"the second i see an afghan trainee turn a weapon towards me and my guys, mother fucker is getting two the chest one to the head! no questions fuckin asked! this shit if fucking bullshit! RIP soldiers and my condolences to the families. they deserved better for trying to bring peace to this country by helping these people fight for themselves. no mercy, game on mother fuckers"

When you can't trust the people you are supposed to be helping maybe its time to get out. They don't want the help and are willing to pretend to be friends and kill you

The kids are worried about them so the trust issue is gone. no trust and the situation is far far more dangerous.

bring them home it's not worth another dead soldier.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005

"the second i see an afghan trainee turn a weapon towards me and my guys, mother fucker is getting two the chest one to the head! no questions fuckin asked! this shit if fucking bullshit! RIP soldiers and my condolences to the families. they deserved better for trying to bring peace to this country by helping these people fight for themselves. no mercy, game on mother fuckers"

When you can't trust the people you are supposed to be helping maybe its time to get out. They don't want the help and are willing to pretend to be friends and kill you

The kids are worried about them so the trust issue is gone. no trust and the situation is far far more dangerous.

agreed, you cant turn fred flinstone into george jetson. any meaningful ME change has to come from the region itself, even if it takes 1000 years

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000

Yeah bring them home now! What a stress inducing situation, have to worry if the "allies" you are training and equipping will kill you in a split seconds time.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I don't think that's the case. Afghanistan is a political failure. I've heard high level officers (GOs) express their thoughts on the hopelessness of Afghanistan's future. But when it comes down to it, we're told to be here, so here we are. We do our best with our hands tied behind our backs, but we just want to leave.

I don't necessarily blame the middle rank officers for this farce, much as I blame the generals and higher. I appreciate that at a certain point the men just have to follow orders (within limits) and that deployment itself is not grounds for you to disobey orders.

The higher ups however... not a single one of them should remain in their positions for allowing those orders to be given.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I said 10 years ago we should get out and build a wall around these countries. Let them live in their misery and consume each other.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Yeah, the solution is simple and people only make it seem complex. It clearly calls for an Escape From New York style containment dome. :rolleyes:

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Yeah, the solution is simple and people only make it seem complex. It clearly calls for an Escape From New York style containment dome. :rolleyes:

Nothing so complicated as that is needed. Simply destroy the airports and let them know that if they see us again, it's because we've come to kill them all. Continue the drone program since it's hugely successful at taking out terrorist networks. 90% of them will be perfectly happy to continue herding goats without electricity or indoor plumbing for their entire lives without our intervention.

Apr 27, 2012
Nothing so complicated as that is needed. Simply destroy the airports and let them know that if they see us again, it's because we've come to kill them all. Continue the drone program since it's hugely successful at taking out terrorist networks. 90% of them will be perfectly happy to continue herding goats without electricity or indoor plumbing for their entire lives without our intervention.

Well said, let them live with there idiotic ways