Co-Ed Changing Facilities and Bathrooms does anyone else think this is the future?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I can't say finding an empty stall, bring ALL your belongings to the stall, having each stall be enough space... is in ANYWAY more efficient than going into a room, turning a corner, and being able to dress anywhere freely near your locker.

Sorry, I can't stand by this. People would be so afraid of someone else walking in that they would lose what little social ability they previously had. Someone might see their boobs or pee-pee and be embarrassed forever! With how socially inept the general public is right now, this won't ever fly with them.

edit: I'm thinking in terms of high school gym class. If you're talking about JUST public gyms that may be a different story.
But it's way more efficient for people who can't tell the difference, or pretend there is no difference.

If bathrooms are changed to anatomy vs gender does that solve the legal issues?

Penis rooms
Vagina rooms
lol +1

We have co-ed locker rooms at my hospital. At first I was a little shocked but after a while you get used to it. There are no toilets in there only sinks and mirrors.
Personally I dislike peeing in sinks, but I'm flexible. I'll go along with the majority.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
What is the benefit to society?
When I was a teenage boy I could have done a good two hours on the benefits to society of me showering with the girls.

This is such an unimportant issue, IMO. It rots the brain to even think about it.
Probably doesn't seem nearly as unimportant to teenage girls being told that they have to share their showers and locker rooms with a boy in a dress to avoid hurting his (sorry, her) self esteem. Maybe it would help if you called them bigots and prudes.