Co-Ed Changing Facilities and Bathrooms does anyone else think this is the future?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Air fresheners and disinfectants should be generously supplied, no matter how many of them get pilfered. Auto flushers are a must.

Ass gaskets are a bitch to use and just don't quite seem to get the job done.

Every single time after walking into a stall that's been trashed with all manner of filth and being disgusted by it, I wonder about the folks that did that and what their own toilet facilities look like in their own homes.

The joke at work is Wreck it Ralph's "I'm Gonna Wreck it!" phrase whenever we go in there and see someone killed it from Burrito day

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Air fresheners and disinfectants should be generously supplied, no matter how many of them get pilfered. Auto flushers are a must.

Ass gaskets are a bitch to use and just don't quite seem to get the job done.

Every single time after walking into a stall that's been trashed with all manner of filth and being disgusted by it, I wonder about the folks that did that and what their own toilet facilities look like in their own homes.

I've always wondered this too. Does their toilet at home have a seatbelt or something?

Nov 8, 2012
This. Worked in a movie theater myself in high school with the same experience. Women apparently don't sit down to pee in public. They squat, hovering over the bowl, and blow their piss and shit all over the back of the toilet. This is supported by my coworker who feels the need to tell us about her bathroom experiences in great detail. Never once have I entered a men's restroom to find the toilet unusable due to a mound of shit being on the seat. Seems to be a daily occurrence in the women's restroom, though.

That is fucking hilarious. And they call men dirty and unclean.

If only stupid ass germophobes didn't start the whole "Don't sit on the seat!" brigade... the overall restrooms in a womens bathroom would be clean considering it's kinda hard to miss the pot when you're sitting on it. People being "scared" of germs and slightly unclean toilets and hence make it even messier is just mind-boggling.

Haven't plenty of studies shown that since the bathroom is the most often cleaned (often checked/cleaned multiple times DAILY) vs. Rooms that are never cleaned (or only once a month) that germs are much more rampant in other rooms?

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
This. Worked in a movie theater myself in high school with the same experience. Women apparently don't sit down to pee in public. They squat, hovering over the bowl, and blow their piss and shit all over the back of the toilet. This is supported by my coworker who feels the need to tell us about her bathroom experiences in great detail. Never once have I entered a men's restroom to find the toilet unusable due to a mound of shit being on the seat. Seems to be a daily occurrence in the women's restroom, though.

It always makes me laugh when women try and argue that men are slobs, whole they're not. Men and women are both slobs when it comes down to it.

Although I question your 'never entered a men's restroom to find it unusable' part. There are guys out there who feel the need to pee everywhere but the toilet.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
We have co-ed locker rooms at my hospital. At first I was a little shocked but after a while you get used to it. There are no toilets in there only sinks and mirrors.

just curious since my wife works in a factory and do have segregated changing rooms into their uniforms. in your co-ed locker room do you and/or your co-works get naked or just down to underwear?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
How sceery the world has become.

151007_HoustonOrdinance_Jessen-1250x650.jpg

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
I've seen a restroom with the walls literally painted in shit.

Every new bathroom I go into now gives me some measure of anxiety until I confirm I'm not walking into that again.

Co-ed bathroom's fine by me. It's going to be awesome the first time I get to take a shotgun shit next to some high heeled broad.... or first time one of those broads does the same to me.

"Hey baby, nice shit game you got there!"

Gotta take what you can get in this life.

K7SN

Jun 21, 2015

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I can't imagine this happening without a law requiring all men to sit down to pee. It is almost impossible to find piss free stalls when you have to take a shit. Imagine how women will react when every surface they can use to pee is covered in male piss.

You better interview someone on the janitorial staff, women's toilets are covered in shit and piss.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
That is fucking hilarious. And they call men dirty and unclean.

If only stupid ass germophobes didn't start the whole "Don't sit on the seat!" brigade... the overall restrooms in a womens bathroom would be clean considering it's kinda hard to miss the pot when you're sitting on it. People being "scared" of germs and slightly unclean toilets and hence make it even messier is just mind-boggling.

Haven't plenty of studies shown that since the bathroom is the most often cleaned (often checked/cleaned multiple times DAILY) vs. Rooms that are never cleaned (or only once a month) that germs are much more rampant in other rooms?

Dream on, what studies show is the bathroom is the most skimped on in cleaning by their prissy owners.

Cozarkian

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2012

After reviewing WebMD (http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/what-can-you-catch-in-restrooms), the following bathroom procedure appears to be recommended:

1. Don't worry about the toilet seat
2. Don't put your bag/purse on the floor; seriously don't do that
3. Flush with your foot
4. Get out of the stall quickly after flushing because the flush sprays fecal matter into the air
5. Wash your hands with soap, for 20-30 seconds, including under the fingernails.
6. Use a towel to turn of the water
7. Use a towel to open the bathroom door.

That suggests the cleanest/safest thing in the bathroom is the toilet seat, but not that the bathroom is clean.

Nov 8, 2012
After reviewing WebMD (http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/what-can-you-catch-in-restrooms), the following bathroom procedure appears to be recommended:

3. Flush with your foot
4. Get out of the stall quickly after flushing because the flush sprays fecal matter into the air
5. Wash your hands with soap, for 20-30 seconds, including under the fingernails.

That suggests the cleanest/safest thing in the bathroom is the toilet seat, but not that the bathroom is clean.

Avoiding germs in general is INCREDIBLY unhealthy in my opinion. Have fun building an immune system that isn't capable of defending itself.

I'd rather touch everything without overthinking "Did someone whip out their dick and for some reason piss all over this handle? I better use a paper towel while opening it!". Seriously? That's just disturbing for the human race as a whole to think about those things.

Nov 8, 2012
Dream on, what studies show is the bathroom is the most skimped on in cleaning by their prissy owners.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Health/story?id=1213831&page=1

Depends what we're talking about.

Is it your home? Well obviously that depends on how often YOU clean it. Most people (Especially women) regardless of how often they clean their own room, they "trust" the germs because they aren't "other peoples" germs. Which is fucking funny. How often it's cleaned is obviously up to the owner's discretion.

But as far as public restrooms? Assuming it's (for example) office building (what most people are in daily), it's DEFINITELY cleaned daily, and often more than once. Your typical desk and other things around you, however, aren't wiped down and sprayed with anti-bacterial anywhere near as much as the bathroom is.

Now some shitty bar that never cleans it's restroom? Yeah, that's going to be dirty.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
In reading this article: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us...er-students-rights/ar-BBmLrox?ocid=spartandhp

this article: https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...nder-rights/qEb8H6cmD6N0PokJ3EKGxO/story.html

And this article: http://time.com/3974186/transgender-bathroom-debate/

As well as others like it over the course of the past few months, and hearing from parents of college age students which already have co-ed bathrooms I can't help but think eventually much like starship troopers all "facilities" will go co-ed, both public and private

The legislation from both sides of the argument presumably can only stand to get expensive and frequent....and both sides are using personal rights justifications to back up their case, thus to me the simplest solution would be to get it over with an just make all facilities co-ed

What say you on this....I would add that I am not a proponent of this as personally I wouldn't want to have to deal with a co ed bathroom in the workplace as they are currently designed, add some full height stalls, remove all urinals, and add ample sound and odor mitigation and possibly but that will add expense to existing facilities.

The article is about high school not college,

high school students are not there by choice but mandate by government (captive audience) and in this situation the male who claims to be a female wants unrestricted access to the girls locker room,

meaning if he wants to walk into the showers naked while other teenage girls are in there showering they have to let him regardless of how uncomfortable it might make the girls feel.

The student, with the assistance of the American Civil Liberties Union, filed a federal complaint against Illinois' Palatine Township School District 211, asking for unrestricted access to the locker room. The district had proposed a compromise that would allow access but require the student to change and shower in a separate area.

Last edited:

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
A federal court just ruled it's a violation of student rights for a male to not have full unrestricted access to the women's locker room.

The whole situation is, the solution contradicts the problem. If a male should be allowed full access to the women's bathroom (or locker room, bathroom is easier to highlight for this point)... if the only reason why co-ed bathrooms are not the norm is because we're all backwards thinkers accepting of co-ed bathrooms being okay, it's okay for men and women to share the same public facilities... then the male who initiated this whole discussion should not feel intimidated to use the men's bathroom.

The path I see for the future is students holding it and not using the bathrooms - honestly the bathrooms in my elementary school had no doors on the stalls, no one ever used the bathrooms, and those who couldn't hold it any longer always felt so uncomfortable sitting there with their pants down in full view of anyone else in the bathroom they just waited until no one was left inside, and prayed no one else walked in... then in highschool the bathrooms were so disgusting I can't remember ever using the toilets, and neither really did anyone else.

Anyways, students will refuse to use the bathrooms... and not want to use the locker rooms to the point where the whole structure of P.E. will be changed, possibly eliminated due to the transgender issue. I'm serious. The rights and comforts of one does not trump the rights and comforts of another.

If special arrangements must be met for the utmost comfort of one student, then special arrangements must be met for the utmost comfort of all students. What other possible outcome is there but the elimination of locker rooms? And in high school that means the elimination of P.E.

If one male is legally allowed to refuse to change clothes in view of other males, then every female is also legally allowed to refuse to change clothes in view of anyone male or female.

All I can say is, I'm glad I'm not young, I don't have to deal with this.

Last edited:

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010

3. Flush with your foot

I feel gross.

Ham n' Eggs

Sep 22, 2015
I don't want to hear ladies farting, gassing and pinching off a loaf in the stalls next to me. Only with separate bathrooms will i be able to coninue to pretend that the fairer sex doesn't do such things.

:colbert:

This could really ruin things. I predict a marked drop in birthrates once unisex bathrooms become the norm.

Nov 8, 2012
I don't want to hear ladies farting, gassing and pinching off a loaf in the stalls next to me. Only with separate bathrooms will i be able to coninue to pretend that the fairer sex doesn't do such things.

:colbert:

This could really ruin things. I predict a marked drop in birthrates once unisex bathrooms become the norm.

Relax.

Women would NEVER go for this. Some males might. But ZERO women will.

They continue to live by the notion that not a single female passes gas / farts. They believe the only thing that comes out of the ass is rainbows, unicorns, and pixie dust.

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012

3. Flush with your foot

i already do all that stuff