Co-Ed Changing Facilities and Bathrooms does anyone else think this is the future?

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
In reading this article: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us...er-students-rights/ar-BBmLrox?ocid=spartandhp

this article: https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...nder-rights/qEb8H6cmD6N0PokJ3EKGxO/story.html

And this article: http://time.com/3974186/transgender-bathroom-debate/

As well as others like it over the course of the past few months, and hearing from parents of college age students which already have co-ed bathrooms I can't help but think eventually much like starship troopers all "facilities" will go co-ed, both public and private

The legislation from both sides of the argument presumably can only stand to get expensive and frequent....and both sides are using personal rights justifications to back up their case, thus to me the simplest solution would be to get it over with an just make all facilities co-ed

What say you on this....I would add that I am not a proponent of this as personally I wouldn't want to have to deal with a co ed bathroom in the workplace as they are currently designed, add some full height stalls, remove all urinals, and add ample sound and odor mitigation and possibly but that will add expense to existing facilities.

Last edited:

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
go coed, a stall is a stall

I think the bigger issue will be in facilities like gyms which typically have large open changing areas, it may force a shift to a more open area and then some private areas for just changing but overall co ed.

I can also see a shift away from the current stalls which are not floor to ceiling but more fully enclosed stalls

But I do think eventually because of legislation costs all of these will go co ed in some way.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Makes sense to me. It's more efficient that way anyway.

ultimately maybe, but again I don't think it could be done with the way bathrooms and changing facilities are currently designed, there would have to be considerable rework for most/many to feel comfortable.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
But.. all that waiting for an available stall? ;)

it would be difficult to maintain urinals in a co-ed facility without complaints about discrimination and or favoritism as why should men be allowed access to facilities which are more efficient, plus the separate area required to house them/close them off...just would be a lawsuit waiting to happen

Nov 8, 2012
Makes sense to me. It's more efficient that way anyway.

I can't say finding an empty stall, bring ALL your belongings to the stall, having each stall be enough space... is in ANYWAY more efficient than going into a room, turning a corner, and being able to dress anywhere freely near your locker.

Sorry, I can't stand by this. People would be so afraid of someone else walking in that they would lose what little social ability they previously had. Someone might see their boobs or pee-pee and be embarrassed forever! With how socially inept the general public is right now, this won't ever fly with them.

edit: I'm thinking in terms of high school gym class. If you're talking about JUST public gyms that may be a different story.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If bathrooms are changed to anatomy vs gender does that solve the legal issues?

Penis rooms
Vagina rooms

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
We have co-ed locker rooms at my hospital. At first I was a little shocked but after a while you get used to it. There are no toilets in there only sinks and mirrors.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I can't imagine this happening without a law requiring all men to sit down to pee. It is almost impossible to find piss free stalls when you have to take a shit. Imagine how women will react when every surface they can use to pee is covered in male piss.

I'm pretty sure that situation already exists in women's bathrooms, generally to a greater extent than in men's rooms.

See: hovering.

Nov 8, 2012
I can't imagine this happening without a law requiring all men to sit down to pee. It is almost impossible to find piss free stalls when you have to take a shit. Imagine how women will react when every surface they can use to pee is covered in male piss.

Most women (my wife being one of them) are too scared to sit to pee on their OWN womens only bathrooms. Shit you not (figurately speaking). They just crouch over in a position that I'm sure is fucking uncomfortably, being careful for their cheeks to not touch the seat... otherwise they will instantly get aids.

I have secret insider knowledge :sneaky:

But seriously, how the fuck does a woman piss on a seat? Must be the fact that they are crouching over it instead of sitting down heh.

Nov 8, 2012
you could you know just use some TP and wipe off the seat or use one of the covers

That's not enough. You have to have bleach and and detergent to wipe off with, as well as a full tank of hand-sanitizer for ANYTHING you touch.... or like I said, otherwise you will instantly get aids D:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Not thinking too far into the topic as far as rules and arrangements are concerned, I can see all kinds of sexual harassment complaints being brought up for one reason or another.

And the prudes/shy ones will suffer as they will have no other choice but to, in their minds, shame themselves.

Of course, to offset that, the exhibitionists will simply love it.

The transition period would be, IMO, a difficult one from a moral, ethical and legal point of view.

Cozarkian

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2012
As a result of construction, my office had to temporarily use the two-stall women's restroom as a key-access one-at-a-time co-ed bathroom. After one week there was an assigned men's and women's stall because the women were disgusted.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
As a result of construction, my office had to temporarily use the two-stall women's restroom as a key-access one-at-a-time co-ed bathroom. After one week there was an assigned men's and women's stall because the women were disgusted.

What's funny is, women's restrooms are way more disgusting (having worked in a theater in high school and cleaning both).

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
What's funny is, women's restrooms are way more disgusting (having worked in a theater in high school and cleaning both).

This is 110% accurate. Hazmat suits and a decontamination team should be required.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Air fresheners and disinfectants should be generously supplied, no matter how many of them get pilfered. Auto flushers are a must.

Ass gaskets are a bitch to use and just don't quite seem to get the job done.

Every single time after walking into a stall that's been trashed with all manner of filth and being disgusted by it, I wonder about the folks that did that and what their own toilet facilities look like in their own homes.

Nashemon

Jun 14, 2012
This. Worked in a movie theater myself in high school with the same experience. Women apparently don't sit down to pee in public. They squat, hovering over the bowl, and blow their piss and shit all over the back of the toilet. This is supported by my coworker who feels the need to tell us about her bathroom experiences in great detail. Never once have I entered a men's restroom to find the toilet unusable due to a mound of shit being on the seat. Seems to be a daily occurrence in the women's restroom, though.