CNN Video of Iraq sniper killing US Troops

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
anybody else seen this sh*t? in my opinion CNN had no business airing that crap. they traded american lives for a news story plain and simple.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
I saw this earlier and all I have to say is "F" CNN.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
I saw it last Friday.

Why are you guys so offended? It's unfortunate for the troops but it's the reality. That's what's happening there, and the media is reporting it. I was against Iraq invasion, and I really sorry for the troops there.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
WTF is wrong with them? I cannot believe they would even put this on their web site.

i saw that too and i was so sick to my stomach i refused to link it in my thread.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
:roll: Those that work for CNN are journalists, they're not soliders. They don't take sides in a situtation like this.

ColemontHD

Banned
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: Citrix
anybody else seen this sh*t? in my opinion CNN had no business airing that crap. they traded american lives for a news story plain and simple.

Any links to this video on CNN, or a story, or anything?

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
Things CNN won't show:
- Cartoons of Mohammed
- Planes hitting the WTC
- People jumping to their death from the WTC
- Anything positive in Iraq

Things CNN will show:
- Snuff films of American Soldiers
- Anti-Semitic Cartoons
- Bodycounts of American Soldiers

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Queasy
Things CNN won't show:
- Cartoons of Mohammed
- Planes hitting the WTC

Things CNN will show:
- Anti-Semitic Cartoons

QFT

SonnyDaze

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2004
Originally posted by: Tab
:roll: Those that work for CNN are journalists, they're not soliders. They don't take sides in a situtation like this.

Yeah, they're afraid they might be the next one to be taken hostage and beheaded. :disgust:

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Things CNN won't show:
- Cartoons of Mohammed
- Planes hitting the WTC

Things CNN will show:
- Anti-Semitic Cartoons

They showed both of those on Sept. 11th but was quickly pulled.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: SonnyDaze

Yeah, they're afraid they might be the next one to be taken hostage and beheaded. :disgust:

As far as I know, Journalists are not soliders. They don't carry guns, they have cameras. I wonder why? Maybe because their in Iraq to cover a story? :roll:

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001

Really? They seem to have taken sides here by airing jihadi propaganda.

Let's not forget that CNN admittedly buried stories about Iraq under Saddam just to curry favor with Saddam so that they could keep a bureau in Baghdad.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Citrix
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
WTF is wrong with them? I cannot believe they would even put this on their web site.

i saw that too and i was so sick to my stomach i refused to link it in my thread.

Hell, I didn't even watch it. I'll take you word for it. I have no desire to see anyone get sniped much less our own troops.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002

Let's not forget that CNN admittedly buried stories about Iraq under Saddam just to curry favor with Saddam so that they could keep a bureau in Baghdad.

Un-edited photos of combat are not propoganda.

Propaganda is a specific type of message presentation directly aimed at influencing the opinions or behavior of people, rather than impartially providing information.

Propaganda

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

QFT!!!

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000

Let's clear something up.

THIS is Jihadi Propaganda

were you under the illusion that american soldiers were not dying over there in Iraq?

and some are even dying by *gasp* sniper fire!

seems to me you should be watching a little more CNN instead of less. And try reading the newspaper too.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001

Propaganda is a specific type of message presentation directly aimed at influencing the opinions or behavior of people, rather than impartially providing information.

Propaganda

If you think CNN International showing the entire world video footage that was given to CNN by Jihadis (not footage CNN shot themselves) of a US solider shot and killed by a Jihadi sniper ISN'T Jihadi propaganda...you've got issues.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: OrByte

were you under the illusion that american soldiers were not dying over there in Iraq?

seems to me you should be watching a little more CNN instead of less. And try reading the newspaper too.

Maybe you should be doing some more reading too. Then maybe you'd find out that the footage of the soldier being shot was provided to CNN by Jihadis in Iraq.

Dean

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Don't blame CNN for showing you what goes on in Iraq. Applaud them for showing you the nasty side of war. There is no propaganda in that video, just ugly truth of war and people dying.

If you only want to hear and see the feel good stories and how we are making a difference, you are doing an injustice to the soldiers who put their a$$es on the line every day. This video makes me want to see the insurgents, along with their families, die painful deaths. We need to either pull out of there completely or put more people over there. Iraq is in a state of no mans land, the soldiers cannot control their own destiny because there is not enough to watch each others backs.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002

Propaganda

If you think CNN International showing the entire world video footage that was given to CNN by Jihadis (not footage CNN shot themselves) of a US solider shot and killed by a Jihadi sniper ISN'T Jihadi propaganda...you've got issues.

Oh! You mean the video about how US Solider was shot by a sniper, but his body armor saved his life? The solider who was shot was actually a medic, he got up after he was shot. Chased down the guy who shot him and actually patched him up after he was shot by US Soliders.

Yup, that sure as hell is propaganda. :roll:

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: OrByte

yes lets do clear something up. CNN receives a video from the leader of the insurgancy which shows upclose footage of a sniper blowing the heads off Ameican troops is plain wrong and in my opinion trash news reporting. They traded American lives for this fricken story and its discusting and border line treason. I wish the FCC will yank CNN's license, if any mother, father, brother, sister who saw that video and recognized their family member getting murdered i wish and hope they would sue CNN out of business.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

Propaganda

Oh! You mean the video about how US Solider was shot by a sniper, but his body armor saved his life? The solider who was shot was actually a medic, he got up after he was shot. Chased down the guy who shot him and actually patched him up after he was shot by US Soliders.

Yup, that sure as hell is propaganda. :roll:

no dumbass this NEW video shows 4 clips of a sniper and his spotter who is filming shooting US soldiers while they are in the turret of their hummer, or walking by their hummer or while talking to a group of Iraqi civilians.