CNN - Student video of armed black panthers intimidating white voters for Obama

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Corbett
If this were whites in Alabama carrying baseball bats with the intention of intimidating black voters from voting Obama, the libs here would be singing a VERY different tune.

Lies. They stick to principle, even if it goes against the cause.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: bbdub333
Wow... a lot of people are showing how obtuse they are in this thread.

Two members of a supremacist group standing outside a polling place with a weapon? If I were white, and voting there, I would feel intimidated, and I'm sure the majority of other white people would be as well.

Stop trying to make excuses for this, it makes you all look pretty dumb.

Were they Black Panthers? I dunno, they just look like 2 Black dudes in uniforms standing out front of a building entrance. The only persons appearing "intimidated" is the dude holding the camera and yammering away about stuff. He talks to the 2 Black dudes who answer his questions and seem kinda curious as to why the guy is taking pictures of them, but otherwise they are just standing there doing nothing.

Is it "obtuse" to demand some kind of Proof regarding "Intimidation" or even who these guys are?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

Two members of a supremacist group standing outside a polling place with a weapon? If I were white, and voting there, I would feel intimidated, and I'm sure the majority of other white people would be as well.

Have any white people been interviewed saying they felt so intimdated they chose not to vote yet or confirmed these guys are members of a supremacist group?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
If this were whites in Alabama carrying baseball bats with the intention of intimidating black voters from voting Obama, the libs here would be singing a VERY different tune.

BS. If these guys are show to have been intimidating white voters, watch and see what tune is sung by this "lib". Your prediction vs. my prediction. Racial intimidation is wrong no matter what side is holding the weapon.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: umbrella39

BS. If these guys are show to have been intimidating white voters, watch and see what tune is sung by this "lib". Your prediction vs. my prediction. Racial intimidation is wrong no matter what side is holding the weapon.

We agree. So why are some here trying to dismiss it in this case?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Who is dismissing it? We are merely asking for Proof of it.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
Originally posted by: sandorski
Huh? Camera dude sees someone with Billy Club, makes an accusation of "Intimidation", calls Cops, Cops ask the Billy Club guy to come for a chat about people being "Intimidated". Camera dude shows no actual "Intimidation", other than a Billy Club. Unless something happened off camera, this almost looks like someone "Making news", not actually Reporting news.

LOL.

So a White Power group can stand out in front of the polls with weapons, as long as they dont actually do anything, right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballot_Security_Task_Force

there is a BIG difference between organized voter intimidation and an isolated incident. both should be handled by law enforcement and reported on but to dwell on an isolated incident and make it anything more than that is disgusting.

the Democrats did not dwell on the nutjob Ashley 'B' Todd and did not try to insinuate it was anything but an isolated case.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005

OK so just to get this straight. If we had video of some white guys standing outside of polling places with nightsticks who were alleged to be intimidating voters, you would be okay with that?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

OK so just to get this straight. If we had video of some white guys standing outside of polling places with nightsticks who were alleged to be intimidating voters, you would be okay with that?
You mean like the police?

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Links?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Links?
Actually they've been telling the police to stay away from the polling places where the majority of voters are African American as not to intimidate them, at least that's what they said in that link in the OP.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005

No one is okay with this situation. But an accusation is being made that they are there intimidating voters and no proof has been given of it.

IF they are shown to be doing what they are accused of, arrest them and charge them with voter intimidation.

But more information has to be given to show that the accusation has any validity.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

one example was the Ballot Security Task Force and it was not OK.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

What he said.

It seems that too many people here don't know or understand the actual meaning of the word "intimidation."

The mere presence of the two men, armed, very clearly qualifies as intimidation -- the two men would not even have to move or say a single word.

Stay in school kids.

Jul 7, 2008
not surprising. obama and is band of zealots have frequently elicited undecided and republican voters through unconventional ways..

;)

at my college i was berated for being hateful and intolerant because i voted mccain. lolz.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
LOL at all the apologists...

keep em coming, it's comedy gold!

Democrat playbook:
Anonymous emails and fliers = voter intimidation
Couple of mean looking dudes, one tapping a billy club in his hand = just a couple bros hanging out at an election station.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
This guy is such a noob. Since when did youtube uploaders garner the same media attention and respect as REUTERS

GeezerMan

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by: alchemize

Democrat playbook:
Couple of mean looking dudes, one tapping a billy club in his hand = just a couple bros hanging out at an election station.

correction:
Couple of mean looking dudes, in paramilitary clothing, combat boots, one says he is with security, one tapping a billy club in his hand = just a couple bros hanging out at an election station

They have no business being there. Nobody should be allowed to loiter that close to the front door of a polling place, even if they are dressed as Snow White. And don''t read anything into the Snow White comparison either. I picked the most innocent Disney character I could think of from my childhood, though I thought she was kinda hot later on.

Jul 7, 2008
Originally posted by: alchemize

Democrat playbook:

dont be so naive. i know zealotry clouds judgment, but come'on. have you seen obama's followers? their more emotionally invested than friggin jonestown.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Did Fox have other reporters driving QRV's (Fox for Quick Response Vehicle) combing other metropolitan areas of the country looking for voter intimidation? Or just Philly?

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Hmm there was another white standing there which seem to not be having any problems. There was a white girl behind them talking on her cell, didn't look like she was having any problems. And at the end of the video you see whites walking out looking ok. So...................