CNN Reporting bomb found on airplane

otlg25

Aug 20, 2001
CNN is apparently reporting a bomb was found on a Singapore airline jet from Frankfurt, destination unavailable to me at the moment. The plane has returned, all passengers have deplaned and are being questioned by German authorities.

<EOM>

Steve

yiwonder

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2000
Really? You wouldn't happen to have a link would you? Was it a story on CNN or a blurb scolling along the bottom of the screen?

otlg25

Aug 20, 2001
I just got a call at the office reporting it. Apparently it is broadcast news. And I don't have confirmation yet, just reporting as it comes in for those like me who may be working and relatively cut off.

Steve

yiwonder

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2000
I was just curious. I've flown Sing Air several times since I just moved back from living in Singapore for 3 years. I'll keep my eyes open for it on the broadcast and search for a quick link.

otlg25

Aug 20, 2001
yiwonder,

Thanks.. Please post any update you may get.. I wish i had a TV here at the office, it's bad enough I'm working all weekend. I'm also really pissed at CNN/MSNBC for being so tardy with respect to web site updates on stories. It's clear they still haven't figured it all out (integrating their normal reporting network with the web).

STeve

yiwonder

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2000
Here is all I've found so far. It says that a man was arrested in Changi Airport (that's in Singapore) for a bomb threat against a Sing Air 747 headed for South Africa. Still looking for something on the plane you mentioned.

Still searching...

Edit: Couldn't find anything on the internet or see anything on CNN. I guess we'll just have to wait a little while to see if there are any stories about it.

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
Wait, they found a bomb?

All I heard is that there was a threat of one. Someone wrote on a piece of paper (in German) that there is a bomb on the plane and it was found in the bathroom.

Didn't know there was actually one on the plane.

otlg25

Aug 20, 2001
Apologies to all if I mistyped. I just got a message and am seeking clarification.

I feel like I'm in a news free zone at work <arrgghhh>

Steve

(It's also possible CNN misreported it on TV. At one time they said 2 LA Kings players were on the flights, when it was 2 LA Kings scouts.)

thaRealest

Banned
Aug 10, 2001
you may be right, or maybe not... but i'm not basing your story on whether or not cnn reported it. CNN is not always the first to know nor the first to report. Sometimes they wont even report... if you watch or read international news stories you'll hear a lot more info... [european news]

otlg25

Aug 20, 2001
Oh trust me, I don't feel attacked, just trying to state that I'm not seeking to start a panic, just looking for information.

Steve

PS. I'm from canada, and get the BBC, CNN, MSNBC, and several other major news feeds at home on cable.