CNN REALLY needs to take that Ukranian guy's face off the front page

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
It's been there all day, and it's really disturbing. Yeah, we know, he was "poisoned" yada yada yada. We get the point.

Now move along and put someone eles's picture up there. ANYONE else's picture.

Please.

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
heh. that pic is old news anyway. but it's kind of interesting.

i still haven't found out what dioxin is.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
yeah he's pretty nasty looking now. will he recover from that? it looks like a bad makeup job.

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Yossarian
yeah he's pretty nasty looking now. will he recover from that? it looks like a bad makeup job.

"A doctor at Saturday's news conference said the changes in Yushchenko's face will remain for a long time. More treatment will be needed to determine whether his face can be restored to the way it had looked."

He wasn't a bad looking fellow before, but now he looks like he's 90 years old. Kinda looks like a low budget horror flick, where the makeup guy just uses oatmeal or something to make your face look messed up.

Whatever and however it happened to him, I feel bad for the guy. But damn, I don't want to look at him any longer than I have to.

nboy22

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by: slick230
It's been there all day, and it's really disturbing. Yeah, we know, he was "poisoned" yada yada yada. We get the point.

Please.

Tub girl's picture? haha.

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: nboy22
Originally posted by: slick230

Please.

Tub girl's picture? haha.

OK, maybe NOT anyone else's picture. I would hope that CNN would use some judgement and stay far away from Miss Hershey Squirt Fountain herself, the one and only Tub Girl. ;)

NightCrawler

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
Dioxin - a contaminant found in Agent Orange - is a byproduct of industrial processes such as waste incineration and chemical and pesticide manufacturing.

NightCrawler

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
Dioxin is a general term that describes a group of hundreds of chemicals that are highly persistent in the environment. The most toxic compound is 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin or TCDD. The toxicity of other dioxins and chemicals like PCBs that act like dioxin are measured in relation to TCDD. Dioxin is formed as an unintentional by-product of many industrial processes involving chlorine such as waste incineration, chemical and pesticide manufacturing and pulp and paper bleaching. Dioxin was the primary toxic component of Agent Orange, was found at Love Canal in Niagara Falls, NY and was the basis for evacuations at Times Beach, MO and Seveso, Italy.