CNN, MSNBC and NPR darling gets arrested

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
Sprayer is a self righteous bitch and should be arrested for vandalism.

The other woman is a busy body kinda like those people that drive slow in the fast lane so other people don't speed. She was hardly "assaulted" and I don't feel sorry for her.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Ok, I went and watched the entire video full screen this time. So, yeah, once, Incidentally, accidentally, she got some under one arm. It was unintentional as the woman repeatedly moved into her way as she was trying to spray paint the poster.

What you said was a deliberate LIE on your part, a deliberate mischaracterization of what happened.

Here's the FUCKING LIE YOU TOLD.

You are The SCUMBAG FUCKING LIAR here.

I never said deliberately, I never said intentionally. I said "repeatedly" because she kept spraying even after the woman was standing in the way. It may have been an awkward phrasing, but it was the truth.
So go screw yourself.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Sprayer is a self righteous bitch and should be arrested for vandalism.

The other woman is a busy body kinda like those people that drive slow in the fast lane so other people don't speed. She was hardly "assaulted" and I don't feel sorry for her.

This is a perfect summation of the video, and the bitches in it.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
It's fairly disingenuous to post what you did MoonVillage; But I wonder, where's perks' rage over almost every news article I've seen DMCohen post?

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
Personally I think the video reflects poorly on both women, both of whom seem wildly melodramatic. The irony of Eltahawy being a journalist and engaging in this behavior is not lost on me. That being said, I'd have a hard time calling this criminal assault because she goes out of her way over and over to avoid painting the other woman, and ultimately the other woman is the first one to lay hands on the other person in the confrontation. The whole thing seems like asshole-on-asshole "crime."

Pretty much this. I do love the phrase "asshole on asshole crime" I'll have to remember that! ;)

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
Latuff-FreeMona.jpg

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
both women are idiots. So are the people saying she didn't spray the other. she did. intentionally? maybe not but she did spray her. Both are rather idiotic and did only because the cameras.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
It's fairly disingenuous to post what you did MoonVillage; But I wonder, where's perks' rage over almost every news article I've seen DMCohen post?

you won't ever see it. lieing and makeing up shit is ok if he agrees. if not he blast off like he did here.

It's funny how the woman with the spray can thought she was making a statement on "Freedom of Speech" by censoring the ad she disagreed with and attempting to cover it up with spray paint so that no one else could see or read it.

lol yeah.The poster was stupid. the lady does not understand she freedom os speech does not give her the right to damage other's property. the lady standing in front of her? ignorant to think that would stop her.

I really don't think it would have happened if the cameras were not present.

Last edited by a moderator:

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Moderate Muslims: "We agree with Freedom of Speech and Freedom of expression, we agree with denying the Holocaust or even denying the Earth is round...Just dont mention Islam or the Prophet though or we will go batshit crazy Jihad ALLAHLALALALALA on your infidel ass."

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
This reminds me of a case last year where a recently imported Muslim attacked a American Atheist in a Parade in Pennsylvania, he claimed that he believed it was against the law to criticize Muhammed and punishable by death.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/02/...egedly-attacked-atheist-for-mocking-mohammed/

The victim took his Muslim attacker to court on charges of assault, and it turns out the Judge [who spent years in Iraq] is a covert Muslim and threw the case out. But of course the Judge had to give the Atheist a 5 minute speech about how great Islam is...

"""I don’t think you’re aware, sir, there’s a big difference between how Americans practice Christianity – uh, I understand you’re an atheist. But, see, Islam is not just a religion, it’s their culture, their culture. It’s their very essence, their very being. They pray five times a day towards Mecca. To be a good Muslim, before you die, you have to make a pilgrimage to Mecca unless you are otherwise told you cannot because you are too ill, too elderly, whatever. But you must make the attempt…

Then what you have done is you’ve completely trashed their essence, their being. They find it very, very, very offensive. I’m a Muslim, I find it offensive. [Unintelligble] aside was very offensive."""

The Judge denies he said he is a Muslim, but the Atheist taped the court proceedings and he clearly does say he is a Muslim. What can you do though other than hope the man dresses up as Muhammed again this year :) ?

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
you're right. destroying (not defacing) the property of the EIT company was not a protected right of the colonists--and it still would not be.

and it still isn't speech.

Disagree, they could have fished the tea out of the harbor and still used it hence not destroyed, just defaced.

I'll take semantic word games for $1000, Alex.

As for the rest, I completely agree.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Moderate Muslims: "We agree with Freedom of Speech and Freedom of expression, we agree with denying the Holocaust or even denying the Earth is round...Just dont mention Islam or the Prophet though or we will go batshit crazy Jihad ALLAHLALALALALA on your infidel ass."

I don't believe Ms. Eltahawy considers herself a Muslim.