CNN Interview with Palin

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: Farang
Corbett - without mentioning Obama, do you think Palin is ready to be President of the United States?

I think Palin is ready to be Vice President of the United States.
Then you are a total retard. FACT.

Coming from a guy who believe Obama is ready to be president, I find your comment pretty retarded its self.
You're a mental 'capper. I find it slightly sad that you think you're actually worthy of debating me on any issue with statements like yours on Palin. It's cute in a way, but it's also a bit sad.

I learned a long time ago not to debate a guy with 57,000 posts. Espcially one who thinks he so superior to others like you do.
If you learned long ago to not do it, why are you still responding? It's because you cannot help yourself. Prove me wrong by practicing what you preach. You'll respect yourself more in the morning, I promise :)

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Palin is a litmus test for idiots. There are many many intelligent, thoughtful, and morally sound conservative Americans. None of these folks can honestly say that Palin is anything but an utter disaster.

She has proven to be about as intelligent and educated as your average starbucks lackey (no offense to anyone working at starbucks)

She has proven to be prone to cronyism

She has proven to be prone to spending gov't $$ on items and functions that should be purely personal

She has proven to be a liability to the campaign of the largely moderate McCain with her extremist viewpoints and regressive

etc

etc

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: manowar821
Originally posted by: Skitzer
Okay okay, let's ask ourselves why Palin SHOULDN'T be criticized...?

No one is saying she shouldn't ........... just as Biden gets criticized ........ oooops, wait, never mind, Biden gets a pass doesn't he?

No...?

Hmmmm .... Ok, can you provide a link to just one article from MSM that criticizes Biden?

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006

No one is saying she shouldn't ........... just as Biden gets criticized ........ oooops, wait, never mind, Biden gets a pass doesn't he?

No...?

Hmmmm .... Ok, can you provide a link to just one article from MSM that criticizes Biden?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/200...cm_uc_crmmax/op_197828

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Arkaign

No...?

That's from Michelle Malkin...:laugh:

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Arkaign

No...?

An Opinion piece by Michelle Malkin??? I said MSM not fervent Right!
Try again??? Here's a hint ....... you won't find one.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Part of that is that he's just not that interesting.

There are any number of news pieces (in the tens of thousands, probably covering most of the same ground) from major and secondary news outlets running negative/questioning stories on both Obama and McCain. Ayers, Wright, Muslim?, Madrassa, Kenya, Keating, Campaign Finance, Ties to lobbyists, etc, etc.

Obama, McCain, and Palin are all interesting and relevant people.

Biden is boring, and boring doesn't sell.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
The fact that Palin is getting more attention than McCain is definitely hurting McCain's chances. He really screwed the pooch picking her as his running mate as it definitely brings into question his judgment.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
At least ours is collective ...... yours stands alone.

Hey I commend you for being proud of your ignorance, it's cool to be part of a team.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: glutenberg

Originally posted by: Farang

If you don't like Palin and you're a fan of Hardball, this is a nice exchange: http://www.jedreport.com/2008/...cains-own-aides-c.html

I've got to say, Matthews comes off as a jerk and Burton basically did nothing but parrot Matthews. Even though Palin is an idiot, Matthews is just being obnoxious.

The McCain committee sent spokes-ditz, Nancy Pfotenhauer to Matthews' show to defend Palin's embarrassing misunderstanding of the very simple, very limited Constitutional definition of the job of Vice President.

Pfotenhauer was Pfathetic. As a professional media spokesperson for McCain's campaign, she should have been prepared to answer a predictable, direct, simple question. All she had to know was the very few words in the Constitution that defines the VP's responsibilities, but she didn't know anymore about it than Palin, herself. Instead, she attempted to spew the same diversionary drivel we hear from every McCain/Palin apologist, and Matthews was right to nailed her and expose the vapor trail of lies as it seeped from from her empty skull.

Originally posted by: andy04

Wake up America before its too late

Before it's too late for WHAT? To realize you're a bigoted racist prick? :thumbsdown: :|

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Harvey
Blow all the smoke you want about the CNN interview. It doesn't change the fact that Palin really is a Lipstick Dipstick who is unfit to be Vice President of the United States of America.

And if I had as much time as you apparently do, I'd make a list of all those in the democrat party who have said Obama was not ready to be president either.

During the primaries, sure. But after the nominee gets the ticket, everyone comes together to support it. But Palin was called out AFTER she was on the ticket.

From AFTER Obama got the nomination, can you even point to ONE similar person on the left who called out Obama the way the conservatives Harvey cited called out Palin? One high profile true-blue liberal respected columnist from a liberal publication that said Obama was not ready to be president after he won the nomination.

Now, you may very well find one, but what doesn't exist is a movement among prominent liberals who are flipping sides to McCain this year around, yet there is such a movement flipping to Obama.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: alien42
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
The fact is she's not intellectually qualified for the position and McCain put himself before the country by choosing her as his running mate.

And the fact is neither is BHO and you libs(or "independents" as some of you claim you are) put him ahead of the country.

But enough with the diversion...

OP, are you surprised that cnn or other media outlets would do such a thing?
there is a little school called Harvard and a little organization called the Harvard Review. i understand they may be over your head, no ivy league for me either, but i would hope the leader of the free world was intelligent and well educated. do i need to mention where in his class John McCain graduated?

checkmate

Bush went where?

Just because you went somewhere to school doesn't mean you are smart. ;)

guess your checkmate was only check and now I can say - check mate.

Now back to the op/topic

We all know Bush didn't get into Yale and Harvard because of his intellectual curiosity.

Which reinforces CAD's point - obviously rich kids with influential parents get into whatever school they want. HOWEVER - they do NOT get to be editor of the Harvard review unless they are the best of the best.

It's almost to the point where folks like McCain complimenting Obama on his oratory skills is an attempt to subvert the fact that his intellect is second to few in the political arena. His policies are compelling because "he speaks so well"... Sure buddy...

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: ayabe

Hey I commend you for being proud of your ignorance, it's cool to be part of a team.

You're one of those idiots who always has to get the last word in aren't you?
You got beat up a lot in school didn't you.
You're always right ..... everyone else is always wrong?
You're a delusional self righteous tool.

Tag you're it!

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: ayabe

You're one of those idiots who always has to get the last word in aren't you?
You got beat up a lot in school didn't you.
You're always right ..... everyone else is always wrong?
You're a delusional self righteous tool.

Tag you're it!
Cookies and milk will be given at lunchtime kiddies. Naptime will follow, no need to continue crying or your parents will be notified. ;)

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Originally posted by: MaxisOne
Ok Ive looked for Corbett's response to the question posed and i have not seen the answer.

Corbett Seriously ... without the bullshit political answers, the changing of the subject and the answering of questions with another question.

Do you think Sarah Palin is ready to be President of the United States of America considering the fact that there is a possibility of her assuming that role as written by the law of the land?

Can you just give me an answer ? If its yes its yes .. I personally wont condemn you for your opinion ... but i would like to know what your honest opinion is ...

plain and simple...

Good Day ..

Just answer the bloody question please.. The question is a plain as day ... I think the answer should be as well.

I think Palin is just as ready to be president as Obama is, if not, more.

:Q:Q:Q

If you've reached THAT conclusion somehow, then there is clearly no point in discussing any of this with you further. You're allowed to have your opinion, just like those who think that the moon landing was a fake, but that doesn't mean you are actually sane.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: m1ldslide1
Ok Ive looked for Corbett's response to the question posed and i have not seen the answer.

Corbett Seriously ... without the bullshit political answers, the changing of the subject and the answering of questions with another question.

Do you think Sarah Palin is ready to be President of the United States of America considering the fact that there is a possibility of her assuming that role as written by the law of the land?

Can you just give me an answer ? If its yes its yes .. I personally wont condemn you for your opinion ... but i would like to know what your honest opinion is ...

plain and simple...

Good Day ..

Just answer the bloody question please.. The question is a plain as day ... I think the answer should be as well.

If you've reached THAT conclusion somehow, then there is clearly no point in discussing any of this with you further. You're allowed to have your opinion, just like those who think that the moon landing was a fake, but that doesn't mean you are actually sane.
Well she is bilingual, she speaks both English and in Tongues :shocked:

Nov 30, 2006
Originally posted by: m1ldslide1

plain and simple...

Good Day ..

The moon landing was faked !?! Say it isn't so !!! :shocked:

MaxisOne

May 14, 2004
Corbett ...I didnt ask you for an attempt an analogy and i didnt ask you to answer a question with a question. No one is trying to corner you into anything and i most certainly wont fault you for your beliefs.

I simply wanted to know if you thought Sarah Palin (on her own merit without comparison to others) is ready to be President of the United States.

The answer could be yes ... Because ... or No Because or Maybe .. because or Not at the present time .. because or I refuse to answer.

The fact that i went to bed ... came back and you still cant issue an honest answer speaks volumes about your conviction and character. Ill leave you and this thread alone and return to simply observing without comment.

Again ... sincerely ... good luck to your candidate.

Cheers

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Corbett ...I didnt ask you for an attempt an analogy and i didnt ask you to answer a question with a question. No one is trying to corner you into anything and i most certainly wont fault you for your beliefs.

I simply wanted to know if you thought Sarah Palin (on her own merit without comparison to others) is ready to be President of the United States.

The answer could be yes ... Because ... or No Because or Maybe .. because or Not at the present time .. because or I refuse to answer.

The fact that i went to bed ... came back and you still cant issue an honest answer speaks volumes about your conviction and character. Ill leave you and this thread alone and return to simply observing without comment.

Cheers

Again, I answered your quesiton, you didn't like the answer. Feel free to answer mine though, otherwise, "it speaks volumes about your character and conviction."

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Cheers

Again, I answered your quesiton, you didn't like the answer. Feel free to answer mine though, otherwise, "it speaks volumes about your character and conviction."
You have no character and your convictions are just a matter of record with the local authorities

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005

Cheers

You have no character and your convictions are just a matter of record with the local authorities

Just one of the 46,000 in-depth posts from Red Dawn. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Cheers

Just one of the 46,000 in-depth posts from Red Dawn. Keep it up! :thumbsup:
Thanks. BTW your answers in this thread seems like you've been channeling Palin herself during her interview with Couric.