CNN GOP Debate - 2/25/2016

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

khon

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2010
I think it's over, Trump will be the nominee.

Cruz and Rubio didn't stop him tonight, so he's going to win 12 out of 13 states on Tuesday, and that will be the end.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Our depleted military ?

When did that happen ?

It hasn't No other country has a stronger military.

They will bring up ISIS. Ever try to kill a bedbug with a tank? The solution is not 2 tanks or a bigger single tank.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I want to like Trump in a "That's it, stick it to the bought and paid for establishment!" kind of way. But I really have to hope some of his racist and other statements were just a clever ploy to play the backwards ass base like a fiddle.

How bad is it when you have to hope a candidate is a bit of a liar?

mafia

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2008
Trump wasn't against abolishing planned parenthood, he mentioned how it is important to women's health issues, while pretty much everyone else wants it gone. Trump's foreign policy views today seemed similar to Rand Paul, saying we should do less nation building and get more in return. Trump advocated for peace with Israel and Palestine. He seemed like the most SANE compared with the other republicans. I don't know why I see a lot of people supporting Kasich here as his views, to me at least, seemed more INSANE than Trump's. Overthrowing North Korea, giving South Korea and Japan ballistic missiles, he probably supports the Poland missiles also. Yes lets build tensions with Chinese and Russians instead of working with them....what the hell are you all talking about?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Kasichs a typical Neo-Con, there's no doubt about that. Trump wants to make the military so big no one will mess with us...really? How much will that cost and where's the money coming from ?

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
I want to like Trump in a "That's it, stick it to the bought and paid for establishment!" kind of way. But I really have to hope some of his racist and other statements were just a clever ploy to play the backwards ass base like a fiddle.

How bad is it when you have to hope a candidate is a bit of a liar?

I am starting to like Trump because of the stick it to the bought and paid for establishment.
I also am beginning to see in Trump what some see as arrogance as confidence. I really think this country is in a bit of confidence crisis.

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
Trump wasn't against abolishing planned parenthood, he mentioned how it is important to women's health issues, while pretty much everyone else wants it gone. Trump's foreign policy views today seemed similar to Rand Paul, saying we should do less nation building and get more in return. Trump advocated for peace with Israel and Palestine. He seemed like the most SANE compared with the other republicans. I don't know why I see a lot of people supporting Kasich here as his views, to me at least, seemed more INSANE than Trump's. Overthrowing North Korea, giving South Korea and Japan ballistic missiles, he probably supports the Poland missiles also. Yes lets build tensions with Chinese and Russians instead of working with them....what the hell are you all talking about?

Giving ballistic missiles to South Korea and Japan??? When did he say that? You're not talking about THAAD are you???

Pardus

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2000
Rubio was sweating like mad, did he take too much cocaine ?

At the end of the day, we need someone strong in the white house who doesn't take shit from anyone and can defend our country, the only one imho who can do this is trump.

I guess Tuesday will tell for sure.

Was a good fight.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
For the most part I like the way Trump stood up to Rubio/Cruz

edited to add; At this point I would vote for Trump over Hillary

Whats interesting is I know a couple of Democrats who over time are thinking of voting for trump, primarily because they feel Clinton is just going to do the bidding of lobbyists.

I bet if he gets nominated your gonna see a more towards the left but a pragmatic trump, he is not gonna be the Pure right or pure left.

The problem with Hillary is it is pretty obvious she is a snake in the grass and people see it. If Trump gets nominated she will no longer have a soft sanders to contend with, nor a press who seem to be keeping the dirty laundry in check for Hillary.

Trump is just gonna destroy her. The irony is the Democrat voters have been fooled into thinking Hillary has a better chance then Sanders.

When the truth is Sanders has a much better chance vs trump. Two non establishment candidates fighting it out.

Clinton is a 100% what is in it for my typical establishment lawyer politician, and trump will use all of it against her. The public will see the slow destruction of Hillary. She will be eaten and spit out, just like what he did with the Bush Dynasty.

I am definitely voting for Trump this election.

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
Whats interesting is I know a couple of Democrats who over time are thinking of voting for trump, primarily because they feel Clinton is just going to do the bidding of lobbyists.

I bet if he gets nominated your gonna see a more towards the left but a pragmatic trump, he is not gonna be the Pure right or pure left.

The problem with Hillary is it is pretty obvious she is a snake in the grass and people see it. If Trump gets nominated she will no longer have a soft sanders to contend with, nor a press who seem to be keeping the dirty laundry in check for Hillary.

Trump is just gonna destroy her. The irony is the Democrat voters have been fooled into thinking Hillary has a better chance then Sanders.

When the truth is Sanders has a much better chance vs trump. Two non establishment candidates fighting it out.

Clinton is a 100% what is in it for my typical establishment lawyer politician, and trump will use all of it against her. The public will see the slow destruction of Hillary. She will be eaten and spit out, just like what he did with the Bush Dynasty.

you hit the nail on the head

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Kasichs a typical Neo-Con, there's no doubt about that. Trump wants to make the military so big no one will mess with us...really? How much will that cost and where's the money coming from ?

I guess 7000 nuclear warheads, each on both sides (US and Russia) are not enough.

And of course the question where this money is coming from is entirely irrelevant. (This this a question which only has merit when it's about spending money on education or healthcare!)

Obviously, it makes TOTAL sense to increase the already largest military in the world.

(I wonder how many Trump supporters/conservatives who are not even asking a question there and are totally fine with this are the exact same ones who are flipping when, say, Sanders proposes univ. healthcare or free tuition. "OH MY GOD! How can you frickin' dare! A delusional Utopia - UNICORNS! How the frack would the US be able to afford free tuition?! Not possible!)

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
I want to know what the Clintons have on Biden. I am so surprised he isnt in the race

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Your delusional hope is cute.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

Because Trump is so like your first choice, Jeb ?

Or do you just want to be part of the winning team ?

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
I want to know what the Clintons have on Biden. I am so surprised he isnt in the race

Well his sons death and I suspect he was probably burned out on 8 years of being VP, plus he knew that he had no chance with the deck stacked on Clintons side.

He was smart sitting this one out.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011

I am tired of the same garbage in garbage out. I am gonna give Trump the benefit of the doubt.

I already know what Clinton brings to the table.

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
Fox doesn't even try to hide it's disdain for trump at this point. At the same time putting on a happy face while trying to nudge rubio along. Pathetic. Also, frank luntz, for years now still comes off slimy and seems like an overall repulsive human being, please go away. :(

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

So you've been concern trolling for Bernie all all. What a surprise.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I am tired of the same garbage in garbage out. I am gonna give Trump the benefit of the doubt.

I already know what Clinton brings to the table.

Guess you never really cared about Bush's positions, just that at first you thought he'd win. If you really support His positions, there's still Kasich.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Rubio was sweating like mad, did he take too much cocaine ?

At the end of the day, we need someone strong in the white house who doesn't take shit from anyone and can defend our country, the only one imho who can do this is trump.

I guess Tuesday will tell for sure.

Was a good fight.

Untitled.png

That's some stupid shit right there! Do you think world affairs work like middle school?
Defend our country? You mean like Obama has done?

What a nonsensical statement you've made.

Oct 16, 1999
Marco Rubio said:
"My mom was a maid at a hotel, and instead of hiring an American like her, you have brought in over a thousand people from all over the world to fill those jobs instead,"
Is everyone just going to pretend he didn't say this? Marco's mom is an American by mere virtue of setting foot on US soil and he's basing his campaign on denying anything and everything even approaching that consideration to others.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

+1

The fact that people don't seem to see Trump for what he is worries me a lot in general.

I've never been a Rubio fan, the fact Rick Scott from here in Florida has been mentioned as a running mate for Trump worries me even more.

Scott has made a business out of screwing over Medicare and has companies he owns/is associated with paid billions in medical fraud fines. And he still makes money non stop.

Why he isn't in prison instead of a Governor is beyond me.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
+1

The fact that people don't seem to see Trump for what he is worries me a lot in general.

When you've run on hate and fear mongering and your supports have taken the bait, no other facts matter, everything and anything negative can be explained away. Just listen to some of trumps supporters, "he doesn't mean all the bad stuff he says", "I like him because he speaks his mind".

I've said it before and I'll say it again, trump supporters are some of the dumbest people in America.