CNN gets it right

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Nice partisan hackery

It makes no sense to call the Tea Party jihadists which is an islamic term to describe Christians. Its funny how lefties will call the right ''teahadists'' yet wont dare say anything about islam for fear of being labelled 'islamophobe'. Complete pandering

On+the+internet+you+can+be+anything+you+want+It%27s+strange+that+so+many+people+choose+to+be+ignorant.jpg

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I'd be more likely to bet on Romney, so I'd have a "consolation" if he won. But not with the odds what they are now. :)

If Obama doesn't win, losing $500 to spidey will be among the least of my concerns. It's only money, and not that much of it in the grand scheme of things.

It's the possible Supreme Court nominations in the next 4 years that are my overriding concern. The SC is crucial. More lasting damage (or progress) will be done by them than by a divided and deadlocked Congress.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
IF Romney wins this election . The biggest+ I see Is the liberial news has been defeated
I wonderful thing as social network news takes front sit. As for Romney he is 4 years to late . Obummer has doomed all. Romney in 08 wouldn't have done worse than obummer thats afact . Most any american would have been better than obummer.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
IF Romney wins this election . The biggest+ I see Is the liberial news has been defeated
I wonderful thing as social network news takes front sit. As for Romney he is 4 years to late . Obummer has doomed all. Romney in 08 wouldn't have done worse than obummer thats afact . Most any american would have been better than obummer.

What you see as a + I see as a -. IF Romney wins, the media will certainly take a credibility hit, a major one at that. So now you have Romney in the White House doing anything and everything. The media reports on some of the questionable things he may try to do but many will disregard this as political bias and rightfully so given the proven pre-election bias. The only people who will pay any attention are the people who hardly need the news to give them reasons to hate Romney.

The same happens, although to a lesser extent, if Obama gets re-elected.

In the end, the media has managed to find a way to disenfranchise itself even more with the general voting public. Sad day when you realize that at times, the media is the only defense we have against a corrupt and tyrannical government. The Founding Fathers were astute enough to recognize this.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
CNN which went way left in the 90s and stayed that way about ten years has done a lot to move back to a neutral news reporter and save their reputation, I have to give them credit.
As do I. You see where it lands them though, their ratings went through the floor. Americans don't want unbiased reportage - or perhaps we're just so accustomed to cheer leading, we don't trust an attempt at unbiased reportage.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I plan on watching fox news over the next day or so. I find their ongoing fiction quite entertaining about their odds in the election.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
As do I. You see where it lands them though, their ratings went through the floor. Americans don't want unbiased reportage - or perhaps we're just so accustomed to cheer leading, we don't trust an attempt at unbiased reportage.
My problem with CNN is that they turned into a right wing hack vs. left wing hack network with their guy just sitting in the middle being quiet while the other people argue. I'd rather hear from smart and rational commentators from both sides with the host ask real probing questions.

Real journalism will attempt to make a point, and thus will often slant towards a left or right argument. That point can be, X politician lied about <blank>, Y politician did <blank> that was bad, whatever. The bias isn't really in the article, it's not even in how often a story favors one party or the other. The bias is in the standard in which they determine what exactly is a story and what isn't.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Not including all the jobs lost in the auto industry??