CNN - Farrakhan banned from Britain

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Link
The British government has banned him from 1986 for being a racist and a troublemaker, I wonder when will the US come to their senses and do the same thing.

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000

<< The British government has banned him from 1986 for being a racist and a troublemaker, I wonder when will the US come to their senses and do the same thing. >>

I hope it is soon.

SmackdownHotel

Golden Member
May 19, 2000

<< Link
The British government has banned him from 1986 for being a racist and a troublemaker, I wonder when will the US come to their senses and do the same thing.
>>

If you're going to "ban" somebody from your country based on those criteria, then we have more people to worry about than Farrakhan.

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
I think we should send him, Jackson, Sharpton and anyone else like them to the Antarctic. I think they could do a lot of good down there because it is almost 100% white.

pcmodem

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
Interesting....

On that web page, CNN's poll asking whether folks thought the UK Government was right in banning Farrakhan:

87% Yes
13% No

As much as I dislike Farrakhan, I do worry about governments placing restrictions on freedom of travel and freedom of speech, except in cases of national security.
-PCM

alrocky

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2001
Louis F. is not at British citizen and does not have an absolute right to enter or travel to the UK or and other foreign country. Pcmodem, in some other countries free speech and freedom of movement may be the least of your concerns. Maybe if Louis F. makes it to Libya he might want to stay there.

BlueApple

Banned
Jul 5, 2001

<< the Ghadafi Prize for Human Rights awarded to Minister Farrakhan in Tripoli. >>

Talk about irony, Reminds me of last week when China was bitching about how Israel was violating human rights.