CNN Factchecks The McCain/Palin Web Of Lies

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Text

Is this unprecedented in modern politics? I don't think I've ever witnessed in my lifetime a campaign that has lied more from top to bottom than McCain/Palin 2008. McCain lies, Palin lies, their campaign spokespeople lie, their surrogates lie.

Part of me is glad the media is finally exposing this. Another part is mad we didn't do it sooner. I thought after the lessons of Iraq, the media would call BS on the GOP a lot more quickly.

Statement: Obama wanted to teach sex education to kindergarteners.
Verdict: Lie. He wanted to teach them how to avoid sexual predators.

Statement: McCain/Palin said she told Congress "Thanks but no thanks."
Verdict: Lie. She never said "no thanks", and she only objected to the project after the funding was killed.

Statement: McCain said Palin never took earmarks as governor.
Verdict: Lie. Palin has asked for earmarks every year as governor. She was the first mayor of Wasilla to hire a lobbyist to get earmarks for her city.

Statement: McCain/Palin said Alaska provides 20% of US energy.
Verdict: Lie. 3.5%.

Statement: Palin went to Iraq.
Verdict: Lie. She never entered Iraq. And her "trip to Ireland" was a refueling stop.

Jun 27, 2005
Dude... I never thought anyone could be more annoying than Perry404 and the rest of the Ron Paul bots...

Congrats.

Oh. And your thread title is a lie. CNN didn't fact check anything. They interviewed someone from FactCheck and regurgitated what they said. That's not checking facts. That's parroting. Just FYI... so you don't get confused in the future.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
Dude... I never thought anyone could be more annoying than Perry404 and the rest of the Ron Paul bots...

Congrats.

Oh. And your thread title is a lie. CNN didn't fact check anything. They interviewed someone from FactCheck and regurgitated what they said. That's not checking facts. That's parroting. Just FYI... so you don't get confused in the future.

So which of those are statements by the compaign are true?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

Congrats.

So, both what you said is true, and all the statements that the McCain made are lies is true.

Right? Or can you not get your fingers to type the second part.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Citrix
yawn... why dont you be fair and post obamas fact check shit....

Why don't you? He's clearly bias and so are you.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
So, when the mods packed like 4 lie threads into one over the last couple of days, you still thought it would be a good reason to start another one.