CNN Electoral Map

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Its going be a giant US disaster if Romney wins, but I still predict 4 more years of gridlock if a GOP dominated US house still plays their way or the highway.

As I also hear the new Romney argument that he knows how business works and how to create jobs.

When a greater business man in President Hoover had a far longer unbroken record of success in public service. As a newly minted President Hoover soon found he had no answers to a economic downturn. As everything Hoover believed in flopped and made the situation far worse. As Hoover policies soon achieved a 25% unemployment rate.

Why should Romney blind faith be more convincing than the blind faith Hoover had in himself? And even if it say little for Obama, at least Obama kept the American unemployment rate from exceeding twice over double digits.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...uch-of-new-york-city/?tag=AverageHero;leadHed

Power returns to much of NYCLights back for over 400,000 residents in Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Brooklyn and the Bronx

Well, you almost had your little apocalyptic wetdream. Maybe next time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hint hint hint, agent11, New York City alone is a city of over 8 million. As your happy 400,000 is only 5% of that number in NYC. And in the greater Northeast region countless millions still don't have power or even livable homes.

Tell us again, Agent11, that all of the hurricane Sandy damage is already fixed.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
I never said it was 'fixed' But it isn't a wasteland of doom and death either.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
NH hardly matters in most scenarios. Early voting in CO doesn't show I am making any assumptions. But Tuesday is when it matters so....you could be right.

Obama won Colorado by 9 points in 2008, so I doubt that'll get turned around. Closer? Probably, but 538.com puts Obama at 2:1 over Romney.

The Media is mostly trying to keep their viewership & advertising revenues up, describing a "close race" in breathless terms. CNN has been flagrant in that regard.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Staten Island would like a word with you, if they weren't busy freezing and starving and scavenging for toilet paper.

Some Drudge headlines:
These folks being left behind is a breaking story today, will boil over the weekend, and may be the last major news story of this election on Monday.

I actually live out here... Drove through SI twice in the last few days.

Where do you live?

No one is freezing, starving, or scavenging for toilet paper.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I predict Obama by 306 to 315. Mitt in the 200reds.
Republican sources have been hinting at their plans for Paul Ryan after the vp loss.
That should tell you something...
Republicans want to salvage Paul Ryan as a future hopeful.
And their plans for Mitt Romney?
Don't ask, don't tell.
I'd worry if I were Mitt. Sheldon Adelson has guys with shovels just standing by.
That Las Vegas desert thing, you know. And all them highly paid hole diggers...

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Where do you live?

The truth doesn't matter, because It's All Obama's Fault! Everything!

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005

Where do you live?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have one question for you, given there is an acute gasoline shortage in Staten Island.

What the hell are you doing wasting your gasoline driving around Staten Island when so many other Staten Island residents need gasoline desperately?

Kanalua

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
If Obama gets FL, it's over. Romney would have to win every other swing-state to win the electoral college. Romney could still win if he gets FL and loses OH, it would require some surprises, but his chances are much better losing OH as opposed to losing FL.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Just like Bush enjoyed the advantage of his incumbency, I'd think Obama also is enjoying same.

Obama has a track record that points to an improving economy that's billowing his sails. All Romney has to offer are empty promises built on a foundation of lies and flip-flopping campaign rhetoric. Sure, there are millions who, incredulously, buy into that scam, but there are too many others who see Romney for what he really is, whose interests he really represents and will rebuke him at the polls.

Most folks here in P&N agreed that Obama would win by a slim margin at the beginning of the year. It looks like that prediction will come to pass.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
CNN Electoral Map

Seems winning Florida would almost win Obama the election. But another thing that stood out was that the Democrats win almost all the big states other than Texas. With the growing Hispanic population there Texas might start moving into a swing state from a Red state.

the coastal states are Dems, and everything in the middle is Repubs?!
geez..

hm.. we can split America into 2 countries.
Let Mexico annex California, East Coast Dems and everything else Repubs.

Lets see how the new Repub country handles overwhelming poor and skyrocket crime in 20yrs when they outlaw abortion today.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
yes, because in 30 years it's not possible for the parties to have shifted and evolved again. of course hispanics vote democrat. always have and always will.

thinking like that is why the democrats here haven't run a competitive state wide candidate in 20 years.

Actually from what I have read that by 30 years old it is difficult to change a voters party preference. It takes a very big issue, or basket of issues.
The South voted Democratic for a hundred years after the civil war. It took the race based controversy over integration, busing, etc to change that.

Remember young Hispanics are being treated to a huge amount of Republican media that is blatantly anti Hispanic. It's very hard to swing people who have been raised to believe that Republicans are racist and hate them. You can't etch a sketch that away very easily.