CNN Democratic Debate

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
on right now :thumbsup:

hopefully it's pretty good... it's interesting to finally see a 1-1 debate.

wish they'd stop talking about Edwards, though. I mean, who gives a crap about that opportunist DB?

redly

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
maybe it's just my opinion, but does anyone else think Obama locked the nomination with his answer (and more so Clinton's response) to the "dream ticket" question

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: redly
maybe it's just my opinion, but does anyone else think Obama locked the nomination with his answer (and more so Clinton's response) to the "dream ticket" question

obama would accept the VP, not sure if Hillary would. that would be a demotion for her

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

elaborate please, i don't have a tv.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: daveymark

obama would accept the VP, not sure if Hillary would. that would be a demotion for her

I don't see a world in which Hillary would accept it.

I also don't see a world in which Obama would offer it.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481

You know how they sometimes don't give the Oscar to the young star who performs in a great role in favor of giving it to the grizzled verteran who has never won? I've seen comments from a good number of people that Obama is young and can run again in 8 years, and that's why they're going with Hillary. Reagan ran 3 times before he won right?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: sirjonk

You know how they sometimes don't give the Oscar to the young star who performs in a great role in favor of giving it to the grizzled verteran who has never won? I've seen comments from a good number of people that Obama is young and can run again in 8 years, and that's why they're going with Hillary. Reagan ran 3 times before he won right?

This is about who is going to be the best leader for the country, not Hillary's ego.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Vic

This is about who is going to be the best leader for the country, not Hillary's ego.

Maybe we can clone Hitler and give him another chance.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: Vic

Maybe we can clone Hitler and give him another chance.

Classy.

laketrout

Mar 1, 2005
It sounds to me like everyone is saying that CNN put on a pretty boring debate - which is really sad since there was only two of them and you'd expect more. Does everyone thing this is another debate that CNN has blown because of their bad formating or was it just Blitzer's poor moderating?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: laketrout
It sounds to me like everyone is saying that CNN put on a pretty boring debate - which is really sad since there was only two of them and you'd expect more. Does everyone thing this is another debate that CNN has blown because of their bad formating or was it just Blitzer's poor moderating?

eh. I just think they were both on their best behavior.

I think that the only reason the republican debate was so testy is because McCain was light on sleep and had plane trouble getting there.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

eh. I just think they were both on their best behavior.

I think that the only reason the republican debate was so testy is because McCain was light on sleep and had plane trouble getting there.

It was the candidates who made nice with each other. Blitzer, the douche, kept trying to stir things up. To Hillary after Obama said something in contrast to Hillary's position: "Clearly that's a swipe at you Senator." And after Hillary's "explanation" of her Iraq vote, Blitzer blusters in with "so what you're saying is that you were naive in believing President Bush?" At least that one earned a chorus of boos.

After the debate the CNN "journalists" talked about the highlights, and when they got to the Iraq discussion, they kept talking about how Hillary voted for the authorization of war while Obama voted against it. Obama wasn't even a Senator when the vote was cast. True, he was opposed to the war, but he shouldn't get credit for "voting" against the authorization when he wasn't even there, and has voted in sync with Hillary on all Iraq bills since he joined the Senate.

laketrout

Mar 1, 2005
Also, speaking of the candidates - let me know what your guys' take is on this website: On Day One Looks like an interesting discussion to have - what the new president should do first on their first day, but it looks like its leaning a little to the left right now.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Also, speaking of the candidates - let me know what your guys' take is on this website: On Day One Looks like an interesting discussion to have - what the new president should do first on their first day, but it looks like its leaning a little to the left right now.

Jesus Christ, a little to the left? I was afraid to get to page 2 and see "unite workers of the world"