CNN Anchor Gets Her Cues From Blogosphere

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
The Obama sycophants of the press are scrambling for a coordinated message against Paul Ryan and the Romney/Ryan Republican ticket.

George Soros funded Media Matters delivered hundreds of pages of opposition research drivel to them and the national media found it TL;DR.

Seriously.

I don't blame them. I had three double ristrettos of Fruit Bat Espresso and was still falling asleep trying to get through even part of it.

Do you actually think they might do some independent research? Ha ha ha!

They get their talking points from the left wing blogosphere, just like the left wing posters here do!

CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien has been caught using left-wing blog Talking Points Memo to counter Virginia House of Delegates member Barbara Comstock on the House GOP budget.

As Ali Akbar of Viral Read discovered:

Tonight, she was the substitute host for Anderson Cooper, a program that boasts of its reputation for “keeping [politicians] honest.” During her interview with Virginia House of Delegates Republican member Barbara Comstock, O’Brien became visibly flustered and was actually caught doing finger stress exercises as she attempt to insert editorial commentary while her guest, a former skilled Republican operative, defended the House GOP budget, designed by Budget Chairman Paul Ryan.

Accidentally, a cameraman captured O’Brien furiously flipping through notes, only to cut out seconds later. What was she viewing?

Footage proves it was a printed email, talking points and opposition research.

Here is a picture of her flipping through her "notes."

B7CC42A250164C87A1AD6CF5C45B07C4.png

If you take a closer look, she's reading a blog post titled, The Myth of Paul Ryan The Bipartisan Leader. Once again, TPM is a left-wing blog.

Here's a closer look:

0F1799DA2B7849E2AA2580AA952BE750.jpg

Viral Read continues:

The contents? There was a blog post from Talking Points Memo, the popular liberal blog. She was reading The Myth of Paul Ryan The Bipartisan Leader.

She never cited it, but used its contents. In fact, she claimed to be reading a direct statement from Senator Wyden’s (D-OR) office, but was in fact reading this excerpt from the blog:

The Romney campaign’s lone evidence that Ryan is a bipartisan leader amounts to a vague blueprint he co-wrote with Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) late last year that mirrors key elements of his Medicare plan. Wyden voted against Ryan’s budget and said Romney’s characterization of their work was dishonest.

“Governor Romney is talking nonsense. Bipartisanship requires that you not make up the facts,” Wyden’s office said in a statement. “I did not ‘co-lead a piece of legislation.’ I wrote a policy paper on options for Medicare. Several months after the paper came out I spoke and voted against the Medicare provisions in the Ryan budget. Governor Romney needs to learn you don’t protect seniors by makings things up, and his comments sure won’t help promote real bipartisanship.”

In the very same segment where she then interviewed Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter, she used no notes, no research, and what are generally accepted as softball questions.

To any casual outside observer, the contrast of O'Brien's treatment of Democrat and Republican guests, plus her use of left-wing talking points, this is not the work of a non-partisan, objective journalist.

I would say so, but can we at least muster up some sense of indignation at just how blatant and how deep the corruption runs here?

:colbert:

PS You can see the video of Soledad O'Brien referring to and then reading directly from her cheat notes here. Forwarding to the 2:10 mark will get you to where the camera catches her.

Last edited:

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
Uh, linking to Breibart's (Thank you, God, for removing that useless piece of sociopathic shit from human society) "blog" totally nulls and voids any sense of outrage.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
How is this different than Fox News personnel?

:colbert:
Well, when CNN does it, their ratings go further into the toilet, but when Fox News does it, their ratings stay strong. Good indicator of the conservative mindset.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Well, when CNN does it, their ratings go further into the toilet, but when Fox News does it, their ratings stay strong. Good indicator of the conservative mindset.

Yep, sheep do hang together tight.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

There is that. Hell, remember when the RNC sent a list of talking points to all of Fox News and Steven Douchey read them aloud on Fox & Friends forgetting that they're supposed to be "Fair and Balanced"? That was funny.

I guess in this current situation we see why this person is a substitute host, and probably won't be asked to do it again for a while. Cooper at least knows what he's talking about before starting an interview.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
You can see the video of partisan hack Soledad O'Brien referring to and then reading directly from her cheat notes here. Forwarding to the 2:10 mark will get you to where the camera catches her.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Soledad and CNN are on the slow bus in using TPM to get their talking points. TPM sucks.

They would be much better off going right to the source here at ATPN.

While CNN tries to figure this one out, I am waiting for someone like Rachel Maddow to quote one of my posts. Soon. :cool:

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
Soledad and CNN are on the slow bus in using TPM to get their talking points. TPM sucks.

They would be much better off going right to the source here at ATPN.

While CNN tries to figure this one out, I am waiting for someone like Rachel Maddow to quote one of my posts. Soon. :cool:

hehe they DO have people reading this...

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
i just wanted to use this as an opportunity to say, Soledad, you are SMOKING hot!!!

Won't get any argument from me there! :awe:

PS Soledad, if you are reading this thread... pics, or it didn't happen!

Last edited:

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
You get your cues from Drudge and National Review. So what? Be a man. If CNN offends you do not watch it.

Nov 29, 2006
I can probably name at least 6 people who have direct Fox News feeds direct to their brains from this forum.

Caminetto

Jul 29, 2001
Although I disagree with the way news has turned toward entertainment, Cable news encourages their people to have opinions and challenge guests. They have found a little controversy can create some interest.
One CNN person with a point of view reading TPM for as a source of information is hardly comparable to FOX e.g. taking the latest 3 talking points given out by the Republican National Committee, and expanding on each 3 points, on EVERY show throughout the day.

Again, the difference is someone at a news organization with an opinion confronting a political representative, vs. a news organization with an obvious agenda that constantly promotes it in an attempt to influence minds.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Then will liberals PLEASE stop complaining about Fox News?

Sure, when more and better evidence of liberal bias in the MSM is presented than a single anecdote involving a temporary anchor reading a quotation from a Senator - which BTW was an accurate quotation - off a printout of a liberal blog, then I'll concede the point.

BTW better evidence usually consists of careful research on wide ranging content, not "gotcha" soundbites paraded around the likes of brietbart.com.

- wolf