CNBC documentary "The eBay Effect"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mayfriday0529

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: creedog
Is this thing going to replay, anyone know

Tomorrow July 1, at 8pm and 11pm
Sunday July 3 8pm and 11pm
Monday July 4 at 3am and 8am and 1pm
Monday July 11 at 8pm, 11pm

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: PawNtheSandman
There is nothing wrong with eBay.

PayPal is the fvcking devil. They need to do a story on them.

eBay = PayPal and vice versa. They are attached at the hip.

PawNtheSandman

May 27, 2005
eBay bought PayPal, but as far as the seperate companies, it is PayPal portion that is the devil where the eBay isn't as bad.

iwantanewcomputer

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2004
i liek how newsy people do a report about a web site that has been doing the same thing for almost a decade that tons of people already use, and they act like it is shocking news that good investigative reporting has found

iwantanewcomputer

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2004
i liek how newsy people do a report about a web site that has been doing the same thing for almost a decade that tons of people already use, and they act like it is shocking news that good investigative reporting has found

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999

What's wrong with PayPal?

I've been using PP for like five years now. I've had one issue where the seller didn't deliver, and PP was able to reclaim my $25.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Wingznut

I've been using PP for like five years now. I've had one issue where the seller didn't deliver, and PP was able to reclaim my $25.

I think we understand PayPal doesn't have a 100% fraud rate. And it sounds like your experience has been as a buyer, not a seller. Two different worlds.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: Wingznut

I think we understand PayPal doesn't have a 100% fraud rate. And it sounds like your experience has been as a buyer, not a seller. Two different worlds.
No... I've sold plenty of things, as well.

So, what's so bad about PayPal?

SouthPaW1227

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
So, what's so bad about PayPal?

This is what. I sold an item for ~$400. Winner paid via PayPal. I shipped. 5 days later I get a friendly email from PayPal saying those funds were just found "fraudulent", and were deducted from my account. Meanwhile, jackass gets a free $400 item. PayPal won't even reply to kind, well-written emails from myself.

And don't think this is just my story...it's VERY widespread. Go to www.paypalsucks.com for the real truth.