c'moooon CA don't mess this one up. Yes, another marijuana thread.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
The CCPOA will be kicked off the gravy train. Oh wait, that's not a con either...

I guess more people will have to go to work instead of cushy prison when they were capable of being productive members of society!

..Oh wait, not a con either and I'm sure they'll be happy to get out of prison.

nonlnear

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2008
I guess more people will have to go to work instead of cushy prison when they were capable of being productive members of society!

..Oh wait, not a con either and I'm sure they'll be happy to get out of prison.
Me too!

It never ceases to amaze me how many people who are otherwise "anti government" (speaking loosely here) get a massive hard-on at any chance to lock somebody up just because a state lackey got twelve monkeys to jump at the same time. Some serious crimes definitely need good long sentences but the prison system in this country is completely out of control.

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
Me too!

It never ceases to amaze me how many people who are otherwise "anti government" (speaking loosely here) get a massive hard-on at any chance to lock somebody up just because a state lackey got twelve monkeys to jump at the same time. Some serious crimes definitely need good long sentences but the prison system in this country is completely out of control.

Yeah...the same people who say the government can't tell them to protect their bodies (healthcare) are the same ones trying to make sure you can't put what you want in your body. 0.o

Hypocrisy at its finest.

badnewcastle

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2004
Yeah...the same people who say the government can't tell them to protect their bodies (healthcare) are the same ones trying to make sure you can't put what you want in your body. 0.o

Hypocrisy at its finest.

I think the Healthcare issue is more about why do I have to work hard so I can get the healthcare I want but somebody else doesn't have to put the same work in for it... Yet I get to pay for their healthcare too.

Healthcare is now another entitlement program that takes motivation away from wanting to work and make a living so you can enjoy the fruits of your labor.

cubeless

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2001
Just another way to get Libs to show up at the ballot box.

they'll be too buzzed, and will turn in at the bk and then forget to go vote...

and i am conflicted on this whole issue... i can only use myself as my test case, so my belief is that weed's certainly no worse, at most, than alcohol... but i definitely got bored with pot and found that those wizards in pharma had much better goodies that made u cough less and buzz better... but that's just me...

it seems that we're just going to have the ongoing battle over being protective and being permissive on issues...

but they sure had better tax the crap out of it and hammer those who cheat... that may fill the cells back up...

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
whoa whoa wait a minute. If I am paying part of the tab for the 8 million uninsured in California... I think that I, along with the rest of the population, should get a say in this matter. I don't think I want people smoking unfiltered joints.

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
I don't think anyone really believes that, but it's beside the point regardless. I agree with letting adults make their own choices. It certainly can't be any worse than cigarettes!

Nope, it isn't. No one has ever died from MJ. MJ has many great medical uses, it is easy to grow, etc..

It's no worse than Ibuprofen.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I loved the clip on tv of some old hippie chick complaining that if passed if would crash the price and she'd have to close her shop.

Almost as funny as all the progressives denouncing uhc opposition as a states right issue will campaigning for it here on the same.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
Doesn't matter what the state does. The federal government trumps state law. The Supreme Court all ready ruled on the constitutionality of California's medical marijuana law.

It is some what ironic that the federal government is using powers invented by the "progressive" to regulate something that "progressives" want now.

The fact of the matter is that no matter which side you are on, when you let the government trample the Constitution, we all lose eventually.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Doesn't matter what the state does. The federal government trumps state law. The Supreme Court all ready ruled on the constitutionality of California's medical marijuana law.

It is some what ironic that the federal government is using powers invented by the "progressive" to regulate something that "progressives" want now.

The fact of the matter is that no matter which side you are on, when you let the government trample the Constitution, we all lose eventually.

A-freakin'-men. This is where modern liberalism went off the rails - it lost sight of principles in the pursuit of results. The gutting of federalism has allowed the feds to stomp on pot users, with complete disregard of any state's wishes.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I live in California, I vote, and I will vote for this if I see it on the ballot.

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
Can a user competently operate a vehicle while high?

Yes, with the caveat that it should carry the same warning many, many medicines already carry. MJ should have a "Do not operate a motor vehicle until you know how this medicine will affect you." warning label as any change in chemical make up can have an impact on some people while not actually be harmful if understood.

nonlnear

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2008
I don't think anyone really believes that, but it's beside the point regardless. I agree with letting adults make their own choices. It certainly can't be any worse than cigarettes!

I believe that. No sarcasm whatsoever.