CM Walmart - Klipsch 2.1 200W ProMedia BT speaker system $99

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001

This looks more like a "real deal" for speakers than those toy speakers from Monster. 100W Sub.

Edit: I'm in for two sets of these. I could use some high-quality BT speakers. Seems like a deal.

Last edited:

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

This looks more like a "real deal" for speakers than those toy speakers from Monster. 100W Sub.

Edit: I'm in for two sets of these. I could use some high-quality BT speakers. Seems like a deal.

I have the older non-BT version of these hooked to my PS5 / Switch / SNES Classic and I don't think you'll be disappointed. Pretty nice bass and everything else sounds great too. Not that you'd expect any different from a Klipsch product. Only complaint I have about it is an annoying green LED that's always on for the right satellite speaker, so I just covered the LED with some electrical tape to completely block out its light.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Reactions: Pohemi

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
So how did you end up liking these? I just saw on Brickseek that Walmart has them in-store for $64. I have three stores in my area that Brickseek is showing them in stock at that price.
Still in my hallway, unopened. Sorry that I can't be of greater help in this matter.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Those are good for a certain amount of time. Mine broke completely after 1-2 years. No output from the bass or the speakers themselves. Randomly they would start working and then quit again. I was using them for my PC and the sound quality was great.

Was tempted to buy the newer version from Costco but those didn't have Bluetooth. I ended up going with a set of passive speakers, a Dayton sub and an smsl ad18 amp. Now if so something breaks here it's easier to troubleshoot and I can replace it individually. Plus this setup sounds much better.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Those are good for a certain amount of time. Mine broke completely after 1-2 years. No output from the bass or the speakers themselves. Randomly they would start working and then quit again. I was using them for my PC and the sound quality was great.

Was tempted to buy the newer version from Costco but those didn't have Bluetooth. I ended up going with a set of passive speakers, a Dayton sub and an smsl ad18 amp. Now if so something breaks here it's easier to troubleshoot and I can replace it individually. Plus this setup sounds much better.
WOW!
That sucks. The old version lasts decades.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
WOW!
That sucks. The old version lasts decades.
I can vouch for that because my friend has the original version, without Bluetooth and I think there was even a power switch on the sub or speaker. He's had them for over 6 years and he managed to hook them up to a Bluetooth receiver so he can use them that way.

fralexandr

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
Have an old gen1 set thats probably 15-20 years old. Some of the spring clips on the back broke about 2 years ago. They were capable of moving quite a lot of air, but were kind of muddy. Might fix it but oem parts are expensive. Maybe I'll go with generics. They're just sitting around unused atm.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Still in my hallway, unopened. Sorry that I can't be of greater help in this matter.

What? You have two sets of them in your hallway unopened?

Get them out, hook them up, and then:

"Hey man, is that freedom rock? Yeah, man. Well turn it, man!"

Reactions: Captante

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Just gave one of mine away to a friend, he needed a set of speakers. They DO work with just a "normal" analog audio hookup.

Reactions: Pohemi

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
These DO sound terrific but I will no longer buy any "amplified" stuff from Klipsch because I personally had 2 sets of their PC speakers crap out completely without warning shortly after the warranty expired. (I actually sold a few of the "drivers" on FS/FT for parts)

The speakers themselves are great but the internal circuitry is sketchy at best.

*(1 set 5:1 & 1 set 2:1)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: sze5003 and Pohemi