Close call tonight

KarmaPolice

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I am taking 2 online classes while working. So I am playing some video games to relax tonight, along with some beers/wine when I decide to call it quits for the night and go to bed. I log into my class to see wahts due the next day since we usually have a quiz every other or every day. Right away I am alarmed as I see two notices of a quiz. I check it out and it said I had a test due...tonight...In 50 mins...when we are alloted 90 to finish it. Its not where if you start it before the due time its fine, its when you finish it.

I freak out and am pissed at myself for missing it. We had like only two quizes between this one so I didn't expect it. I rush through it and send it in with 45 secs to spare...

I got an 80 on the multiple choice part...I should be ok on the essay part.

Ugh..

Beer and bed time.

I know nobody cares but its 12 at night and i had to tell someone.

dotcom173

Jan 16, 2006
nice...

im so glad stuff like that doesnt happen to me....however, i do have dreams occasionally about projects being due and i come to class not even knowing about it. for example, ur teacher gives u a paper and tells u its due in a month, so u put it off and dont come across that paper ever again, causing u to completely forget about it...

i definitely didnt need to write so much about my dreams.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Originally posted by: dotcom173
nice...

im so glad stuff like that doesnt happen to me....however, i do have dreams occasionally about projects being due and i come to class not even knowing about it. for example, ur teacher gives u a paper and tells u its due in a month, so u put it off and dont come across that paper ever again, causing u to completely forget about it...

You must worry a lot. I use those 3M notes for your desktop..it helps.

Syrch

Diamond Member
May 21, 2004
Originally posted by: dotcom173
nice...

LOL i've benn out of school for 5 years now and still get those dreams

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I've had stuff like that happen before with online classes. I think the worst one was when I was taking 3 classes. I waited until Sunday to do the work for that week. I knew I had a test in 2 of the classes, no big deal. 2 hours, and class 1 was done. Opened the test for class 2, thought, "this is gonna be easy" - had an A about an hour later. At about 4pm, I opened class 3. We were under the "start it before" type of thing that you mentioned. I figured I was going to be home in time for dinner.

"Answer 7 of the following 10 questions. Each response must be at least 2 pages in length, 1 inch margins 12 pt Times New Roman,... with at least 3 sources. Your source page does not count toward the length of the response."
All I could think was "WFT! That's 14 pages minimum with at least 21 supporting sources!!" That I waited didn't make a difference; the time we were allowed was unlimited, however we were only allowed to enter the exam once.

The next day, one of the tech guys came to me and said, "were you in the school til almost 3am last night? The administrators are trying to figure out who was here so late." "Yes, I was - I'm also signed in and out on the security sheet" (most faculty ignored it.) That was followed by a quick trip to the superintendent, with a copy of the test to make sure she understood why.

Oh, and that exam turned out to be 20 pages long plus 24 or 25 references, all APA style, etc. What a pita!