Clonezilla driver help

ochadd

May 27, 2004
I love it. Used it for dozens of PCs and laptops flawlessly but can't get it to work with a Dell 2950 as it won't recognize the Broadcom Netxtreme II nics. This was the reason I started using it, to facilitate a migration from a RAID 5 set to RAID 10. Can anyone explain how I might get these drivers that come in the form of source code to work with the Clonezilla live USB or live CD:
Dell support link

I've tried following directions provided but I'm missing a few steps I think. I'm looking to be able to add these drivers and future drivers.
Clonezilla directions

Brazen

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2000
hmm, I just did a clonezilla backup today on a Dell Server without any problems. I don't remember the model or if it was broadcomm or intel nics, though I can find out tomorrow. Are you using the latest clonezilla livecd?

ochadd

May 27, 2004
I'm using the latest stable release but now I see they have a Ubuntu based alternative supporting more recent hardware. Will give that a shot.

Brazen

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Brazen
hmm, I just did a clonezilla backup today on a Dell Server without any problems. I don't remember the model or if it was broadcomm or intel nics, though I can find out tomorrow. Are you using the latest clonezilla livecd?

It was a Dell 2850, but it has the intel nics.

ochadd

May 27, 2004
Well my first trials with it aren't promising. Can't get the latest or last previous versions of the Ubuntu base to complete booting. Get select what resolution I want to use then it hits a Debian "boot failed" screen on the laptop I'm testing on. Worked just fine on an Intel Atom 330 board. Guess I'll give it a whirl next week.

ochadd

May 27, 2004
Update on this. I'm running the imaging process now but opted to use an internal SATA connector instead of the SAMBA/network method using the Ubuntu version. It's ticking right along about 1350MB/min. When I'm done I'll try to image one of the smaller partitions over the network to see if it works.