Question Clone multiple partitions from external drive to identical external drive?

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
I have two identical external drives. One of the drives has four (4) partitions with data on each partition. I want to clone the entire drive, with partitions and data, to the identical now-blank drive.

What is the easiest option to do this on a Mac?

Thanks.

MotionMan

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Carbon Copy Cloner should do it

The CCC notes specifically say it will not do this, unless I am missing something:

"CCC does not copy the partition table, nor multiple partitions on a disk. Rather, a CCC backup task is defined with one source volume and one destination volume."

MotionMan

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
At the very least you could use Disk Utility to partition the new drive and then run multiple CCC operations.

Maybe SuperDuper will do it? Also, I'm SURE there're terminal commands that will do this but I don't really speak terminal.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
At the very least you could use Disk Utility to partition the new drive and then run multiple CCC operations.

Maybe SuperDuper will do it? Also, I'm SURE there're terminal commands that will do this but I don't really speak terminal.

Yeah, I was trying to avoid having to run CCC multiple times, but that seems to be the only option.

Thanks.

MotionMan