Clinton's Real Motivation?

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
I was watching some political commentary on one of the local news channels (Canadian) and this one analyst had an interesting take on the 2008 presidential race.

He suggested that Clinton is staying in longer understanding she has lost, but is preparing for a potential 2012 run. The longer she says in the race, the more she can rip on Obama and make it more difficult for him to get elected in the fall. Obviously in a losing standing she cannot right out rip on him so much that it appears that she will take the whole party down with her, but Bill seems to be doing a good job taking Obama's credibility down a notch. Perhaps Bill is making up for his actions in the past ;). Most people have said and I believe John McCain has verified that he will be a one term president. Therefore Clinton could be hedging her bets that McCain might win in the fall, he will leave in 2012 setting the stage for her to run again.

Thoughts/Opinions?

sprok

Mar 10, 2008
I think it's possible that Hillary is trying really hard to convince Obama she's a necessity pick in the vp slot in light of the white voter comment. That, or she's hoping for something catastrophic to happen in the Obama campaign in the next 3 months, like say, a meteor landing on his head.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
2012 is a bad year for Hillary if she stays in the Senate. Its very hard for a Senator to run for re election to a Senate seat and campaign for the Presidency in the same year. Obama does not suffer from that one in three chance until 2016.

If the Clintons sink Obama by playing the race card, they will be personna non grata in the democratic party for decades to come. My prediction, if the Clintons don't STFU about playing the race card, all the democratic super delegates en mass will end her candidacy immediately. And if they are not calling up her campaign up privately and telling her to put a sock in it right now, there is something deeply wrong with the democratic party
and its super delegates.

Right now Hillary might stand a small chance to win but will more likely lose. But if she is going to lose, she can lose well or she can lose totally ugly. Its really about the legacy of the 1992-2000 Clinton Presidency. Right now, that legacy performance is incomparably better than the GWB one. Bill Clinton can't do anything to elevate the miserable records of GWB, but can drag down his own legacy.