Clinton will get nominated, regardless of vote. So far she wins 2 states.

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sorry to disagree, but I do think Trump will be the Nominee and your next President

I doubt it. They are working real hard to get Rubio as the nominee. The will rather have a Clinton in the whitehouse than a trump they have no control over.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
But not everybody has ambition. That's why you get people that stay at the bottom and bitch about their McDonald's jobs. So your argument is flawed.

Those aren't the people bitching. They're just going to work when they can. The ones among them who do have ambition are the ones bitching over the dearth of opportunity that clearly exists.

The other people bitching, people like you, are bitching about them because you're afraid of being like them, because you have to feel that you're better rather than luckier in order to maintain emotional security.

And, uhh, it didn't take a lot of ambition to show up at the factory to make a living to feed your family, either. You just had to punch it out every day. If we want that kind of opportunity to be there for more people we'll necessarily have to extend the same sort of wage benefits to other kinds of workers, as well.

Quit looking down your nose. You're more like "those people" than you imagine.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I doubt it. They are working real hard to get Rubio as the nominee. The will rather have a Clinton in the whitehouse than a trump they have no control over.

Not to mention voter demographics are Trump's biggest weakness. Despite his claims, he lost the under 30 vote in Nevada and in general, not to mention his lack of minority support. He's got a hard path to a win in the general. R nominee...small problem...General election...nearly impossible.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
We will see. The first Primaries are coming up real soon. And even if it is Rubio, it would be a lot better than Hillary Clinton .. Nobody wants another 4 to 8 years of a Democrat in the White House ... And her credibility is an issue. And is the country really ready for a woman president ? I do not think we are.

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
Those aren't the people bitching. They're just going to work when they can. The ones among them who do have ambition are the ones bitching over the dearth of opportunity that clearly exists.

The other people bitching, people like you, are bitching about them because you're afraid of being like them, because you have to feel that you're better rather than luckier in order to maintain emotional security.

And, uhh, it didn't take a lot of ambition to show up at the factory to make a living to feed your family, either. You just had to punch it out every day. If we want that kind of opportunity to be there for more people we'll necessarily have to extend the same sort of wage benefits to other kinds of workers, as well.

Quit looking down your nose. You're more like "those people" than you imagine.

What the fuck are you talking about? None of this even makes any sense to what I responded with.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
We will see. The first Primaries are coming up real soon. And even if it is Rubio, it would be a lot better than Hillary Clinton .. Nobody wants another 4 to 8 years of a Democrat in the White House ... And her credibility is an issue. And is the country really ready for a woman president ? I do not think we are.

Why do you think nobody wants another democrat? That seems pretty obviously wrong. What policies of Rubio's do you think would be better?

LPCTech

Dec 11, 2013

Oooh another post by the king of mensa...lol

We for sure are not ready for a female president! :D
When do you think we will be ready?

That said...GO Bernie!!! :whiste:

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Why do you think nobody wants another democrat? That seems pretty obviously wrong. What policies of Rubio's do you think would be better?

Since he's pretty robotic, I would assume he'd want to kill all humans.

bender-kill-all-humans.jpg

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What the fuck are you talking about? None of this even makes any sense to what I responded with.

I already noted that you didn't get it the first time through.

It's unlikely that you ever will.

But do go on, tell us all how smugly superior you really are.

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
I already noted that you didn't get it the first time through.

It's unlikely that you ever will.

But do go on, tell us all how smugly superior you really are.

LOL, this fuckin guy. Hey way to dodge the question entirely. I remember that tactic when I was in 3rd grade. You big doodoo head.

10/10 would watch your failures again.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
LOL folks!

You have the worst, absolute worst line-up of Rep candidates this cycle and seriously think that "nobody wants another Democrat"?

Very funny. The current candidates, Trump, Carson, Cruz etc. are so incredibly horribly bad that there is only one logical outcome: a land-slide win for the Dems.

If you say nobody wants a Dem it would be credible with some capable, competent and serious candidates at the Rep side. But this is not the case.

No, I am not supporting Hilary, I despise her, but it will be a land-slide win anyway. (Even Bernie would probably have a slight chance against, say, Trump.)

Why? Because ultimately I foresee that reason and common sense will prevail, the *majority* of Americans will not vote a fool into office. They'd choose the sane option and this would be Hillary over, say, Trump.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why? Because ultimately I foresee that reason and common sense will prevail, the *majority* of Americans will not vote a fool into office. They'd choose the sane option and this would be Hillary over, say, Trump.

Over, say, any of them, particularly Trump & particularly after last Tuesday's display of... what? What can we call it? How can we even describe such a shameful debacle?

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005

Yep. It seems almost outrageous too how the media keeps talking up Rubio as being like some kind of winner or something despite constantly coming in third.

HILLARY WINS due to coin flips.

Trump wins, but RUBIO SUPPORT SKYROCKETING

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Not to mention voter demographics are Trump's biggest weakness. Despite his claims, he lost the under 30 vote in Nevada and in general, not to mention his lack of minority support. He's got a hard path to a win in the general. R nominee...small problem...General election...nearly impossible.

Read:
The latest Rasmussen polling data shows Donald Trump with a considerable 36% to 25% lead over Clinton among the all-important independent voter segment. Among all voters the two are in a virtual tie, a result the media continues to ignore in favor of the Clinton-approved meme that Mr. Trump cannot win against her in a general election.

That premise appears patently false.

Digging more deeply into the Rasmussen numbers we find what is perhaps an even more shocking statistic. Donald Trump also enjoys a commanding lead over Clinton among Democrats willing to vote for him rather than vote for her.

While just 7% of Republicans indicate they would vote for Hillary Clinton instead of Donald Trump, 12% of Democrats are now willing to vote for Donald Trump instead of Hillary Clinton should that be the 2016 choice given them.

That is a disparity that could be the deciding factor in several swing states and represents cross-over voting numbers not seen since the days of Ronald Reagan. Support among senior citizen voters, the single most important voting bloc due to their high percentage voting turnout, also support Trump over Clinton by double-digits – 45% to 33%.

The latest Rasmussen numbers point to something remarkable happening with Donald Trump right now, an ability to either hold or expand his already considerable support among a wide swath of voters as the nation prepares to enter in full the upcoming 2016 election cycle. It is a fact which continues to confound both the Democrat and Republican Establishments as well as many throughout the Mainstream Media.

Read more at http://dcwhispers.com/breaking-trump-trounces-clinton-among-independent-voters/#PHMDUUkZJc2ZOtX4.99

You're an idiot if you think Clinton has an edge in "voter demographics". He's poaching more indy's and party hoppers than her and has huge edge in oldies vs young uns. Oldies are way more likely to get out and vote like the article said.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
LOL folks!

You have the worst, absolute worst line-up of Rep candidates this cycle and seriously think that "nobody wants another Democrat"?

Very funny. The current candidates, Trump, Carson, Cruz etc. are so incredibly horribly bad that there is only one logical outcome: a land-slide win for the Dems.

If you say nobody wants a Dem it would be credible with some capable, competent and serious candidates at the Rep side. But this is not the case.

No, I am not supporting Hilary, I despise her, but it will be a land-slide win anyway. (Even Bernie would probably have a slight chance against, say, Trump.)

Another idiot. Read my post above. Rasmussen just pimp slapped your whore diatribe.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
So let me get this straight, you link to a 2012 article like an idiot and think Rasmussen hasn't since modified their polling models as a result of under estimating the young vote and over on the old? You must also think airline food is still free.

:) You're going to be so disappointed come November....

\and airline food is free, just using this one weird trick......

Last edited:

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
13.2% of Americans are Black and 17.1% are Latinos, makes 30.3%
Let's not forget younger liberals (millennials etc.) and most importantly WOMEN.

Trump win won't happen.

Last edited:

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Let's not forget younger liberals (millennials etc.) and most importantly WOMEN.

Trump win won't happen.

You are making a very bad assumption and that is assuming that those 30.3% ALL vote Democrat. You're also trying to speak for ALL millennials and women. You are also assuming that Hillary is iron clad, while forgetting that there are probably some Bernie supporters that are going to cross over because they hate Hillary. My mother is a life long Democrat and she says if Bernie is not the nominee she'll vote for Trump over Hillary. I'm sure she's not the only one that feels that way.

Historically speaking, Democrats rarely get a third Democrat President, following two terms of a Democrat President. It's only happened twice since 1828.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

Trump win won't happen.

It would be psychotic for ANYONE to like Trump and yet millions do. Dont be surprised if the evil bastard comes up with some twisted method to swing black, brown, red, yellow, and females. Obviously not all of them, but enough he could be a serious threat.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You are making a very bad assumption and that is assuming that those 30.3% ALL vote Democrat. You're also trying to speak for ALL millennials and women. You are also assuming that Hillary is iron clad, while forgetting that there are probably some Bernie supporters that are going to cross over because they hate Hillary. My mother is a life long Democrat and she says if Bernie is not the nominee she'll vote for Trump over Hillary. I'm sure she's not the only one that feels that way.

Historically speaking, Democrats rarely get a third Democrat President, following two terms of a Democrat President. It's only happened twice since 1828.

By my calculation you could also say it happened one third of the time. Also if you included FDR's third term it happened a bit less than half the time.

Trump is a very unpredictable candidate but he goes into the general election being one of the most widely disliked candidates in history. That's not a good place to be.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
It would be psychotic for ANYONE to like Trump and yet millions do. Dont be surprised if the evil bastard comes up with some twisted method to swing black, brown, red, yellow, and females. Obviously not all of them, but enough he could be a serious threat.
Evil? lol. Trump tells it like it is. One of the reasons you're probably unemployed is because your area in VA has a huge hispanic illegals population. Even if you wanted to get a job for fast food, you'd be on a waiting list. Trump will help curb this situation by cracking down harder on illegals. That is if you ever want to work and not live with your parents anymore. But don't feel bad, a lot of America is in the same boat as you. Overeducated and underemployed with even fast food jobs taken in heavily hispanic areas. Only idiots claim this is "racist".

Another example is Trump calling Fiorina ugly. But she is fucking ugly! Trump keeps it real when others are too scared to.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
By my calculation you could also say it happened one third of the time. Also if you included FDR's third term it happened a bit less than half the time.

Trump is a very unpredictable candidate but he goes into the general election being one of the most widely disliked candidates in history. That's not a good place to be.
Trump is polling in a virtual dead heat with hillary taking margin of error into account. I would be more apt to say that's not a good place for hillary to be because trump has the charisma and brutal honesty to resonate more than a puppet for the dnc. People who want real change and want to upend the political system are going to vote trump over hillary. He is going to swing more indy's and undecided's than hillary, especially among those sick of obama - just about half the country disapproves of obama at 49.3%.