Clinton will get nominated, regardless of vote. So far she wins 2 states.

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Look at the Chinese stock market collapsing.. it's a bubble and sure the rich investors everywhere did very well.. the middle class well.. we're sol for the past 40 years with sending jobs first to Japan, then to Taiwan, then to Philippines, then to China, now to Vietnam.

Not a new trend.

It's gonna take protectionist trade over free trade but that's blasphemy to a lot of people.

That's one of Mr. Trump's messages.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
US was on the brink of 2nd Great Depression when Obama came in, now unemployment is under 5%.

But things would have been so much better if McCain or Romney had won.

That being said, I need to include this proviso that I'm only mentioning this to help those conservatives on this forum emote what they've been thinking but never had the notion to mention it. ;)

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
pretty impressive that Clinton got a higher share of the African American vote than Obama did in 2008.

obviously she was expected to win the state, but I didn't think that Sanders would so totally and utterly fail at closing the gap in the second state where minorities represented a major voting bloc.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Insane performance by Clinton. She really tried to connect with black voters, and it is obvious that black voters responded in kind.

The amount of margin beyond a win is actually a crucial part in the presidential race because Blacks are famous for their loyalty and this proves Clinton earned their trust for the general election. Whatever the GOP's grievance about so-called "Political Correctness," the cold and hard truth is that Whites still make up the vast majority of the electorate (at least until 2050, and the largest plurality thereafter for another 50 years) and a Democratic nominee cannot win the presidency by playing to racial resentment. Clinton will soon have to pivot into general election mode, and she will have to face the larger electorate where the majority are critical about the minority's claims.

Clinton's "electability" controversy was really about whether she could win the Black votes. Barring unforeseen circumstances I now expect her electability debate to subside.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
Insane performance by Clinton. She really tried to connect with black voters, and it is obvious that black voters responded in kind.

The amount of margin beyond a win is actually a crucial part in the presidential race because Blacks are famous for their loyalty and this proves Clinton earned their trust for the general election. Whatever the GOP's grievance about so-called "Political Correctness," the cold and hard truth is that Whites still make up the vast majority of the electorate (at least until 2050, and the largest plurality thereafter for another 50 years) and a Democratic nominee cannot win the presidency by playing to racial resentment. Clinton will soon have to pivot into general election mode, and she will have to face the larger electorate where the majority are critical about the minority's claims.

Clinton's "electability" controversy was really about whether she could win the Black votes. Barring unforeseen circumstances I now expect her electability debate to subside.

In the primaries and with states like SC minority voters can have a much stronger effect than they can in the general election.. fact is, we can see in SC most white voters vote Republican. So even though black people are ~27% of the state's population they turned in over 60% of the Democratic primary votes. And those count for the same number of delegates regardless of how many people vote for that side.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
US was on the brink of 2nd Great Depression when Obama came in, now unemployment is under 5%.

And bailed out the Banksters and Wall Street, as for unemployment being under 5%,

If employment opportunities are so great how come the push for $15.00 hour minimum wage jobs for fast food workers when in the past they could have easily moved on to better pay/benefit jobs if they wanted too?

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
And bailed out the Banksters and Wall Street, as for unemployment being under 5%,

If employment opportunities are so great how come the push for $15.00 hour minimum wage jobs for fast food workers when in the past they could have easily moved on to better pay/benefit jobs if they wanted too?

You say that like 20 years ago if you were working at McDonald's you could just waltz across the street and get some $20 an hour job and now that is not possible. Good paying jobs are everywhere, even if you have just a HS diploma.

People who end up working fast food as their primary job for decades are there by choice. They messed up somewhere in their past and got what they deserved on the employment side or they are too lazy/stupid to look elsewhere.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
As soon as she gets into office then more mass incarceration for minorities. A bunch of idiots.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
You say that like 20 years ago if you were working at McDonald's you could just waltz across the street and get some $20 an hour job and now that is not possible. Good paying jobs are everywhere, even if you have just a HS diploma.

People who end up working fast food as their primary job for decades are there by choice. They messed up somewhere in their past and got what they deserved on the employment side or they are too lazy/stupid to look elsewhere.

BS.

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014

Sisters ex makes 104k a year doing some oil field crap down in Texas. Was competitive to get into the job but he only has a HS diploma. Lots of overtime and shitty manual labor I'm sure, but it exists.

My older sister went into a Starbucks management program. She now makes I think $23 an hour for managing 3 of their stores. She might have went salary recently, I forget, need to call her. She only has a GED.

My wife had a job as an insurance billing something-or-other job. After 2 or 3 years on the job she was making $17 an hour with just a HS diploma. This was back in 2007 though, right before my first was born.

Just because you suck at life and are fat, lazy, and unemployed doesn't mean the jobs don't exist.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
In the primaries and with states like SC minority voters can have a much stronger effect than they can in the general election.. fact is, we can see in SC most white voters vote Republican. So even though black people are ~27% of the state's population they turned in over 60% of the Democratic primary votes. And those count for the same number of delegates regardless of how many people vote for that side.
Oh, absolutely. She will need every black vote she can get. What I'm saying is that there will come time when Clinton will have to say "All lives matter" to the general electorate while counting on black vote. That in turn depends on blacks being able to trust her. It is a coalition a Democratic President candidate must build, and it is especially urgent this year in the looming specter of Trump nomination.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It's better, not great. The rest? Ask the Job Creators, the Lootocracy, the Donald Trumps of world finance. They'll preferentially hire people in India, China & elsewhere because they can make higher profit in doing so, cut us right out of the deal. Then they'll lend our investment vehicle funds to people who can't pay in the long run, wring their hands in mock horror when it falls down & acquire assets at fire sale prices.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Sisters ex makes 104k a year doing some oil field crap down in Texas. Was competitive to get into the job but he only has a HS diploma. Lots of overtime and shitty manual labor I'm sure, but it exists.

My older sister went into a Starbucks management program. She now makes I think $23 an hour for managing 3 of their stores. She might have went salary recently, I forget, need to call her. She only has a GED.

My wife had a job as an insurance billing something-or-other job. After 2 or 3 years on the job she was making $17 an hour with just a HS diploma. This was back in 2007 though, right before my first was born.

Just because you suck at life and are fat, lazy, and unemployed doesn't mean the jobs don't exist.

It doesn't mean that there are enough of such jobs to go around, either.

Righties always see it in terms of getting ahead in the system rather than looking at the system & what it means in aggregate. It's always all about them in a short sighted & narrow focus sort of way.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
Oh, absolutely. She will need every black vote she can get. What I'm saying is that there will come time when Clinton will have to say "All lives matter" to the general electorate while counting on black vote. That in turn depends on blacks being able to trust her. It is a coalition a Democratic President candidate must build, and it is especially urgent this year in the looming specter of Trump nomination.

Once she wins, African americans will get swept under the rug. She will work on issues that will insure a big Clinton dynasty in profits and power. This is her primary objective.

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
It doesn't mean that there are enough of such jobs to go around, either.

Righties always see it in terms of getting ahead in the system rather than looking at the system & what it means in aggregate. It's always all about them in a short sighted & narrow focus sort of way.

My point was if you work a minimum wage job for decades and then bitch about jobs you aren't trying hard enough. I never said the job would come to you. It might take some sacrifice. Might have to move somewhere. Might have to *gasp* work at a job with some actual potential to it. Bitching about working fast food for 20 years and showing zero aspiration to improve yourself is their fault.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Clinton also just won South Carolina .. way it looks so far, it will be Donald Trump against (most likely, but not best choice) Hillary

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
My point was if you work a minimum wage job for decades and then bitch about jobs you aren't trying hard enough. I never said the job would come to you. It might take some sacrifice. Might have to move somewhere. Might have to *gasp* work at a job with some actual potential to it. Bitching about working fast food for 20 years and showing zero aspiration to improve yourself is their fault.

You really have no idea of what I just said, do you?

If everybody in America got ambition it wouldn't create any more decent paying jobs than already exist. It would just make competition fiercer.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Clinton also just won South Carolina .. way it looks so far, it will be Donald Trump against (most likely, but not best choice) Hillary

News Flash- The only way Trump will be the Repub nominee is if he arrives at the convention with enough votes to take the nomination. The Repub establishment would rather fuck him over & split the Party than have him at the masthead. They can't take the Presidency either way & they'll save candidates down the ticket from being chained to a highly despised candidate.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Sorry to disagree, but I do think Trump will be the Nominee and your next President

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
You really have no idea of what I just said, do you?

If everybody in America got ambition it wouldn't create any more decent paying jobs than already exist. It would just make competition fiercer.

But not everybody has ambition. That's why you get people that stay at the bottom and bitch about their McDonald's jobs. So your argument is flawed.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

More lame denial from the right. Brink of second Great Depression to sub 5% unemployment. Think about it.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

BS

step outside your bubble and look around.