Clinton will get nominated, regardless of vote. So far she wins 2 states.

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I've heard this a few times and I'm wondering what it is based on, as I am quite confident that Hillary vs. x Republican candidate in this election will certainly see the majority of Dems voting against these clowns.

Very few independents are likely to support this Republican field, as well.

I don't like Hillary all that much, but I'm sure as shit voting for her if she's the nominee against Cauliflower Head or No-lips Jesus freak.

It's based on & consists of the usual right wing bullshit.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
More good News for Hillary.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0617...oss-dem-insiders-boost-clintons-delegate-lead

WASHINGTON (AP) — So much for Bernie Sanders' big win in New Hampshire.

Since then, Hillary Clinton has picked up endorsements from 87 more superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention, dwarfing Sanders' gain from the New Hampshire primary, according to a new Associated Press survey. Sanders has added just 11 superdelegate endorsements.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0617...oss-dem-insiders-boost-clintons-delegate-lead

Since then, Hillary Clinton has picked up endorsements from 87 more superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention, dwarfing Sanders' gain from the New Hampshire primary, according to a new Associated Press survey. Sanders has added just 11 superdelegate endorsements.

Superdelegates don't matter.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012

The first two quoted superdelegates are acting pretty shamefully.

The first makes the biased assumption that "it's probably the first time they've voted" vs her great voting experience (as if that matters anyway), and the second denounces their complaints because he's a black senior citizen who experienced "real" struggle. Neither of these are worthwhile things to say and are much less preferable than simply stating that they are exercising their party-given right to endorse as they see fit AND that it's impossible to talk about them going against the popular vote this early in the game. I guess the superdelegates who are also elected officials would know better than to say things like this.

Then again, they could just be getting people pleading with them to side with the popular vote. We don't know because no examples of the kind of pressure they're getting are given.

Also come on:

"Our campaign strategy is to build a lead with pledged delegates" won in primaries and caucuses, spokesman Jesse Ferguson said in an email.

Our campaign strategy is to win legitimately, guys! No kidding. What were they going to say here, that actually their strategy is to ensure victory by making back room deals with the superdelegates?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

If these party insiders continue to back Clinton overwhelmingly — and they can change their minds — Sanders would have to win the remaining primaries by a landslide just to catch up. He would have to roll up big margins because every Democratic contest awards delegates in proportion to the vote, so even the loser can get some.

Speculation & innuendo wrapped around a very simple fact- "they can change their minds".

It's quite remarkable how a supposed progressive wants so desperately to cast aspersions on the Party & the process that might result in Bernie being the nominee.

When and if the day comes that Bernie shows up at the convention with the most pledged delegates then the superdelegates will almost certainly push him over the top because the Party has absolutely no intention of alienating the base. That's real simple. That's the way it's always worked, regardless of the concern trolling.

When and if the bullshit you're spouting comes to pass I'll concede the point. Until then it's just tedious bullshit of a speculative & scurrilous nature.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Hillary wins Nevada!

Another win. 3 states so far.

Weird how there aren't any results and polls (caucuses, whatever you want to call it) still haven't closed yet you have the results.

And she has only won one state so far

techie81

Feb 11, 2008
Honestly, I cannot wait for Bernie to get elected. I want government handouts, free healthcare, and free education for my kids. No more incentive for me to work anymore either! Its going to be amazing. Also, I'm sure the stock market will react favorably to him getting elected. I mean, who doesn't like paying more taxes right? Those greedy innovators deserved to be punished! How dare they create products and services that people use and want? No! They need to be taxed into oblivion. The country will easily make up the massive amounts of jobs lost from increased taxes, an increased minimum wages. Bring on our new overlord Bernie.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
what? i haven't seen any results yet. how can she win?

though she damn well better hope she does.

There won't be anything worth hearing until tonight or tomorrow. HD is just here to set the dogs to barking.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I was just watching Fox and just saw Rove & his whiteboard... Hope he gets another meltdown this year !

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I was just watching Fox and just saw Rove & his whiteboard... Hope he gets another meltdown this year !

That and what's-his-face-with-the-47%-comment being exposed is about the most hilarious things I can recall from that election.:D

How Rove and any other pundit can take ANY of the Repub candidates seriously and talk about them with a straight face is what I consider to be Oscar winning drama at its finest.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sanders should throw in the towel and concede at this point the nomination to hillary.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Honestly, I cannot wait for Bernie to get elected. I want government handouts, free healthcare, and free education for my kids.

Right, why should work in the US what works everywhere else?

People like you deserve to be stuck with the glorious system you have in place, bow down to your corporate overlords, work shitty jobs for minimum possible wage and the least free time compared to other, developed nations.

And your children deserve that they need to have wealthy parents for visiting colleges (this is great for rising the US educational standards, for sure :) and they deserve that they come out in debt.

Because, obviously, this is the best possible system, right...so let's keep the Status Quo.

And keep voting those billionaires into office who tell Joe Constructionworker how it's really bad for him to want more pay!!

LOL!

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Just saw on the news that Clinton won against Sanders, what does that mean, I don't really know how American politics work, does this mean Sanders has no chance of being president now? Sanders and Trump are the only ones against the TPP, I really hope one of the two win and scraps it. It will be good for us too. It seems odd for a rich business guy like Trump to be against it though so I kinda take that with a grain of salt...

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
I love how the Bernie peeps are crying about voter fraud and unregistered people voting in the primaries.