Clinton leads Obama in Gallup Daily poll

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Pabster
Story here.

Obama 51%, Clinton 40%.

And, in other news, Clinton 'Losing Traction' In PA, IN, according to LAT/Bloomberg.

Seems that this one is all wrapped up. We're just waiting for the concession speech.

Gee what do you know, the latest daily Gallup numbers put Clinton up 46 - 45.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/106...inton-46-Obama-45.aspx

I'll agree to stop posting these meaningless polls if the other side does the same and stops claiming victory and calling for concession speeches each time a poll somewhere says something you like.

DukeN

Golden Member
Dec 12, 1999
Great, now Hilary can claim she has already won the presidency this year. As predicted by Nostradamus, she will also lead humanity into an era of disease free existence and space colonisation.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Originally posted by: Pabster
Story here.

Obama 51%, Clinton 40%.

And, in other news, Clinton 'Losing Traction' In PA, IN, according to LAT/Bloomberg.

Seems that this one is all wrapped up. We're just waiting for the concession speech.

Gee what do you know, the latest daily Gallup numbers put Clinton up 46 - 45.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/106...inton-46-Obama-45.aspx

I'll agree to stop posting these meaningless polls if the other side does the same and stops claiming victory and calling for concession speeches each time a poll somewhere says something you like.

"The other side" = Republicans?

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
On the National TV News tonight they said Hitlery was only ahead by 2-3% in PA. I think someone is fudging the numbers. We all know she will be the next occupant of the WH.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
How does this solve Hillary's math problem?

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
It doesn't, she's just as unlikely to win the nomination now than she was yesterday. Which is why I proposed the moratorium on "Look, x poll has Obama ahead!!" type posts. All that does is drive the wedge deeper in. If Obama wants to have a shot in Nov he's going to the overwhelming number of Hillary's supporters to stick with him.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: sirjonk
It doesn't, she's just as unlikely to win the nomination now than she was yesterday. Which is why I proposed the moratorium on "Look, x poll has Obama ahead!!" type posts. All that does is drive the wedge deeper in. If Obama wants to have a shot in Nov he's going to the overwhelming number of Hillary's supporters to stick with him.

Obama's only been the front runner for 3/4 of the primary season now, they still need reassurance ;)

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
If we have learned nothing else this year, it is that polls are notoriously unreliable.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Thump553
If we have learned nothing else this year, it is that polls are notoriously unreliable.

They're only unreliable in HRC's favor. The lead the polls say she has in PA will hold.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
and to think, she was roughly 26 pts ahead of Obama just a few weeks back...

EXCELLENT!

JJChicken

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2007
Originally posted by: b0mbrman

They're only unreliable in HRC's favor. The lead the polls say she has in PA will hold.

But by how much?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Lets face the facts, polls are irrelevant and can be cherry picked. Only one thing matters now and thats the actual primary vote in Pennsylvania. If Obama can get a win by no matter how small a margin, Hillary will likely have to concede. And with much terror, the republicans will have to face a united democratic party.

If Hillary wins Pennsylvania, it will still be six more weeks of Hillary. But by July 1, it will still boil down to the fact, that with much terror, the republicans will still face a unified democratic party.

Pennsylvania, 3 days away and counting down. Will the republirats get a six week reprieve before all democratic guns swivel at the GOP? And does it really matter how long the GOP fantasy of a democratic meltdown lasts?

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Barack Obama
Originally posted by: b0mbrman

But by how much?

I'm sticking with 13%

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Lets face the facts, polls are irrelevant and can be cherry picked. Only one thing matters now and thats the actual primary vote in Pennsylvania. If Obama can get a win by no matter how small a margin, Hillary will likely have to concede. And with much terror, the republicans will have to face a united democratic party.

If Hillary wins Pennsylvania, it will still be six more weeks of Hillary. But by July 1, it will still boil down to the fact, that with much terror, the republicans will still face a unified democratic party.

Pennsylvania, 3 days away and counting down. Will the republirats get a six week reprieve before all democratic guns swivel at the GOP? And does it really matter how long the GOP fantasy of a democratic meltdown lasts?

Pretty much all true except that i can't see a unified democratic party happening this year.
Most of the Clinton base is so adamantly against Obama I think they'd rather just sit this one out than vote for him.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: RY62

Pretty much all true except that i can't see a unified democratic party happening this year.
Most of the Clinton base is so adamantly against Obama I think they'd rather just sit this one out than vote for him.
The reverse is true as well. Many, like me, believe Hillary is the Antichrist... or worse.

:p

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

Depends on whether or not party elders can force the loser to campaign on the winner's behalf during the general campaign.

If Obama loses, he would probably have no choice but to do as he's told. The only question then, is whether his supporters would listen.

If, against all odds, Hillary Clinton loses...well, it's probably a moot point anyway.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Obama just had to fuck it up..... After diffusing every controversy, saying people cling to guns and religion is what did him in.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The RY62 fantasy is and remains-----Most of the Clinton base is so adamantly against Obama I think they'd rather just sit this one out than vote for him.

The Palehorse74 fantasy is and remains---The reverse is true as well. Many, like me, believe Hillary is the Antichrist... or worse.

They still are and remain the same opposite sides of the same same counterfeit coin. Which still boils down to the fantasy of a democratic meltdown being combined with an American electorate endorsement for four more years of failure after eight years of failure.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Which is probably good for the Democrats as there's no possible way anyone could have a successful Presidency with the complete clusterfuck Bush is going to leave them. It's almost fitting for a Republican to bare the grief and failure destined to face the next president since they are responsible for it.

On the other hand it probably would be in the Republicans best interest over the long haul for the Democrats to win this one as the next president will more than likely be a One Termer with the opposing party winning the next election easily.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000

That's wishful GOP thinking. No, I don't think so-at all. The Dem Party has never failed to amaze me with its propensity for in-fighting and stumbling, but all that is needed this time is for the very impressive Obama machine to take over. All the Clinton supporters have to do is get out and vote. We are talking people who are mostly die-hard political junkies-they aren't going to sit out a national election, and the chances of them voting for McCain are pretty slim.

Sitting out the election would guarantee a third term of Bush's policies. They'll do the right thing.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Strange for a person who has had no real chance at the presidency in 10 weeks.
I strongly belief this rubbish about voting for mccain if their person isn't nominated is rubbish. Very few democrats who feel that much about their candidate would be so bitter as to vote republican if their person doesn't win because even though their person loses, the alternate is far more in line with their wishes than mccain is. It makes no sense, polls be damned; when Obama or Hillary (realistically we know it's obama) wins the nomination the other's supporters will quickly hop on board the train and seek to get a democratic president.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Which is probably good for the Democrats as there's no possible way anyone could have a successful Presidency with the complete clusterfuck Bush is going to leave them. It's almost fitting for a Republican to bare the grief and failure destined to face the next president since they are responsible for it.

On the other hand it probably would be in the Republicans best interest over the long haul for the Democrats to win this one as the next president will more than likely be a One Termer with the opposing party winning the next election easily.

All too true. I almost feel sorry for the next President.
Almost ;)