Clinton health plan for Americans only

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 29, 2006
Originally posted by: senseamp
Originally posted by: rudder
Well at least the U.S. born children of illegals can get a good start with their $5000 from Hillary.

They are Americans.

We need changes to this legislation.

Kind of reminds of me the saying " Two Wrongs dont make a right"

"Two illegals, dont make a legal"

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: soulcougher73

Agreed.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Well at least the U.S. born children of illegals can get a good start with their $5000 from Hillary.

They are Americans.

We can't do much because if you determine the kids to be illegal then that doesn't mean that the country of their parents will recognize them as citizens. You would end up having a lot of people in limbo without citizenship anywhere which means they are bound to no country's laws. Not good.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.
it'll take a lot to change that. i'm not even sure how you could disclaim jurisdiction.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Xavier434

They are Americans.

We can't do much because if you determine the kids to be illegal then that doesn't mean that the country of their parents will recognize them as citizens. You would end up having a lot of people in limbo without citizenship anywhere which means they are bound to no country's laws. Not good.

I'd be interested to see you provide some solid info for that assertion.

I've lived in many countries, for many years, outside of the USA. Most seem to base citizenship on that of the parents, not merely where they are born.

If citizenship is based upon that of the parents, I don't see how they'll have too much of a problem.

TIA

Fern

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Fern

They are Americans.

I've lived in many countries, for many years, outside of the USA. Most seem to base citizenship on that of the parents, not merely where they are born.

If citizenship is based upon that of the parents, I don't see how they'll have too much of a problem.

TIA

Fern

Way to go off on tangents. The point is, under the current system, they are Americans, and even if the system was changed, the ones that were already born are already Americans. Seeing how they are Americans, they should get the same care as any other American.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Uhtrinity
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
http://www.npr.org/templates/s...y.php?storyId=15317839
Intelligence Squared U.S.
Should We Welcome Undocumented Immigrants?

by Jennifer Ludden

* Listen to the Edited Broadcast of the Debate (50 minutes)

MP3 download
To download, PC users right-click and select "save target as." Mac users control-click and "save (or download) link as."

NPR.org, October 17, 2007 · In the past decade, a large influx of immigrants ? many Hispanic and many illegal ? has expanded from traditional polyglot cities into the suburbs, exurbs and even rural areas of America. This has produced a backlash, especially since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, made immigration a national security issue.

This cant be true according to the liberal, bleeding-heart-lets-dissolve-our border-Democrats and their ilk in here!

I have yet to see a liberal say open the borders!! In fact I have yet to see a conservative that has either. It is the parties, not the general population. The Republicans won't tackle the issue because it hurts their business voting base and funding, the Democrats won't touch it because they think it will hurt the Hispanic voting base. Meanwhile a majority of the population, regardless of party, want the borders to be secured.

Your meter needs a new battery, sir.

babylon5

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2000

They are Americans.

TIA

Fern

Way to go off on tangents. The point is, under the current system, they are Americans, and even if the system was changed, the ones that were already born are already Americans. Seeing how they are Americans, they should get the same care as any other American.

Under the current system, the Illegal parents are NOT Americans and should be deported immediately. But that doesn't stop Illegals from whining how they are entitled to stay in USA because they made it here. Funny how Illegals like American laws ONLY when it suits them.

A bunch of hypocrites.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002

TIA

Fern

Some do. Some don't. I suppose it could be amended in such a way that if the home country of the parents recognizes that child as a citizen then they do not become American citizens. Then the rest of them do become American citizens. Still, even if you do it that way, it really sucks for the kids. Can you imagine growing up in a country where you were not given an education or any of the other benefits from the country just because your parents chose to come there illegally? The country you are residing in illegally is all you know. You are essentially an American. Your parent's home country means nothing to you yet you will be forced to go there before you turn 18 or else risk being convicted of a crime.

I don't know...I am happy enough with my life her in America to let that slide for the sake of those kids who didn't have a choice to begin with.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: babylon5

Under the current system, the Illegal parents are NOT Americans and should be deported immediately. But that doesn't stop Illegals from whining how they are entitled to stay in USA because they made it here. Funny how Illegals like American laws ONLY when it suits them.

A bunch of hypocrites.

I agree but it should also be pointed out that most Americans only like American laws when it suits them too lol

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: dahunan
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: dahunan
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
Yay for trying to appeal to everyone while making nobody happy! (Free health care! How'bout that lefites! But not to illegals! How 'bout that right wingers!)

I hope she keeps this up.
Yeah and we'll end up with the Neo Liberal Gulliani as President. Hmmm that's not to appealing is it?
Will hte media turn on rudy and seek to call him a closet transexual?
http://www.allreaders.com/pict...rudy_giuliani_drag.jpg
How many times are you going to post that picture???

We have all seen it and we all understand that it was a joke.

I have never posted it before or any others.. maybe it is the one on your nightstand that has you confused?

Anyhow.. tRudy does like to do skits as a woman.. that is for sure

Don't take it personally, FlufferJohn PMSes when you piss off his Republican of choice ;)