Clinton campaign hacked

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Clinton's campaign was hacked, as were several other organizations linked to the democratic party.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/29/politics/democratic-congressional-campaign-committee-hacked/index.html

They don't seem to be sure what information the hackers possess at this point.

Presumably, whoever hacked the DNC is also responsible for this. The FBI thinks it was Russian intelligence who hacked the DNC, so if that is correct, then this was a much larger operation than it originally appeared.

Nov 25, 2013
Someone really really wants Trump to be President.

Who could it be?

landscape-1450461032-putin-index.jpg

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
My suspicion is that it's simply for mischief. But yes, I'm sure that Putin thinks of Trump as clown.

Well, let's see. Trump has effusively praised Putin, Putin has praised Trump, and Trump is hostile toward our NATO allies in Europe. No, I think it's more than mischief.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
And you guys were going on about the republicans and their conspiracy theories against Hillary.

I think you have topped them with this one!

Funny crap here. :)

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
And you guys were going on about the republicans and their conspiracy theories against Hillary.

Conspiracy theories? It's the FBI who says Russian intelligence is behind this hacking. Is the FBI a bunch of conspiracy cranks now?

A conspiracy theory would be to suggest that the Trump campaign is directly complicit with the Russians. That I absolutely do not believe. For one thing, if his campaign was acting in concert with the Russians, he would never have publicly announced his desire for them to hack Clinton's e-mails. He'd have communicated in private, through back channels, and not called public attention to it.

If the FBI is correct that Russian intelligence is behind this hacking, what do YOU think is their motive? Bear in mind there is no evidence of hacking the RNC or other GOP concerns.

Nov 25, 2013

Hilarious

"The attack on the congressional committee’s system appears to have come from an entity known as “Fancy Bear,” which is connected to the G.R.U., the Russian military intelligence service, according to an official involved in the forensic investigation.

The same arm of Russia’s intelligence operation was also implicated in the attack on the national committee, in which it gained access to opposition research on Republicans, including the party’s presidential nominee, Donald J. Trump.

“It’s the same adversary,” the official involved in the forensic investigation said. “These are sophisticated actors.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/30/us/politics/clinton-campaign-hacked-russians.html?_r=0

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Conspiracy theories? It's the FBI who says Russian intelligence is behind this hacking. Is the FBI a bunch of conspiracy cranks now?

A conspiracy theory would be to suggest that the Trump campaign is directly complicit with the Russians. That I absolutely do not believe. For one thing, if his campaign was acting in concert with the Russians, he would never have publicly announced his desire for them to hack Clinton's e-mails. He'd have communicated in private, through back channels, and not called public attention to it.

If the FBI is correct that Russian intelligence is behind this hacking, what do YOU think is their motive? Bear in mind there is no evidence of hacking the RNC or other GOP concerns.

The conspiracy that the Trumpster is in cahoots with the Putin.

And yes after the FBI's results with the criminal investigation of Hillary. They are a Joke.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I'm not saying that Russia isn't or wasn't involved. Just the comedy that Trump has anything to do with it.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Trump most definitely "has something to do with it," but that doesn't make him complicit. There's no evidence of his complicity. Putin's motives are, nonetheless, pretty clear.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Bill Clinton's siding against Serbia in the Bosnian civil war, increased American base camp presence in former soviet territories and joint NATO exercises with former eastern bloc countries all arguably increased Russian paranoia of American intentions, manifested in Putin. So Trump has nothing to do with the score that Russia has with the Clintons.

From a Russian perspective, Trump is probably a rationale actor. Wants to reduce support for NATO, no soaring rhetoric of Middle Eastern intervention. Trump represents a drastic departure from status quo American foreign policy. It's not like our foreign policy since the end of the Cold War has been a resounding success.

TheGardener

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2014
Bill Clinton's siding against Serbia in the Bosnian civil war, increased American base camp presence in former soviet territories and joint NATO exercises with former eastern bloc countries all arguably increased Russian paranoia of American intentions, manifested in Putin. So Trump has nothing to do with the score that Russia has with the Clintons.

From a Russian perspective, Trump is probably a rationale actor. Wants to reduce support for NATO, no soaring rhetoric of Middle Eastern intervention. Trump represents a drastic departure from status quo American foreign policy. It's not like our foreign policy since the end of the Cold War has been a resounding success.
I don't believe that Trump wants to decrease the US commitment, both monetary or personnel resources, to NATO. He wants the EU nations to pay their fair share. If they do, that will make NATO much stronger and a better deterrent to Russia.

But the NATO commitment issue has now taken a backseat to what is happen to Turkey, who is a member of NATO. Turkey is heading very rapidly toward a dictatorship or a quasi-theocracy. Also of concern are the nuclear missiles on Turkey's soil.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It's too sweet of a target for Putin to ignore really.

On the one hand, Drumpf is the kind of politician that would make a dictator like Putin's life easier, at least on the domestic front. A loud mouth bully full of invective and tough talk is exactly what leaders like Putin want. It justifies their own rhetoric to their countrymen. In this case, Drumpf comes with the added bonus being anathema to both NATO and Japan. Two areas where the East will gladly welcome American incompetence and apathy, qualities Drumpf has in quantity.

On the other hand, Putin personally hates Hillary. He's been butthurt over some of her remarks for years, and as a fellow woman-collector and narcissistic bully, Clinton's views on Putin all the more irritating for him. Putin is your classic bigot with a short man complex, females who don't cower or have the nerve to be taller than him (which is most of them) deserve to be put in their place. Look at how he treats Merkel. She's nervous around dogs, so Tiny always brings his whenever he has to meet her.

Putin wants the worst choice for America, so of course he's going to say and do whatever he can to boost his choice and make things hard(er) for the opposition to that choice. He did it with The Retarded Bush and now he's doing it with Drumpf.

America needs to take the gloves off with cyber attacks, it's beyond time. The Russians and Chinese need a wake up call in the worst way.

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
See. Funny stuff right here.

What's so funny about it? I said that Trump had no knowledge of it. But Putin is trying to help Trump win.

Why do you think the Russians are hacking the DNC, Clinton campaign, etc? For what purpose?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It really hasn't been too bad when GWB & the neocons weren't running it. The expansion of Nato while the Soviet Union was in disarray was huge, both unifying Europe & denying Russia those military assets. The Iran deal is a huge victory for diplomacy & the opening to Cuba long overdue. There's more, I'm sure, like the democratization of Burma.

Putin doesn't see Trump as a rational actor but rather as an incompetent, a guy who'd be in way over his head as President.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008

One little clink in your assessment.
Trump started this conspiracy theory. And all by himself.

Oh I can just see a Trump presidency...
Blaming space aliens on bad weather and for climate change.
Blaming the deer pissing in lakes for water pollution.
Blaming women and equal pay for the next stock market crash.
Blaming pussy cops for the next terrorist attacks.
Blaming blacks and food stamps for poverty.
Blaming cars for the bad roads Trump refuses to repair.
And blaming sick people when Trumpcare fails big time.
Oh, we're all just going to love president Donald Trump.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
One little clink in your assessment.
Trump started this conspiracy theory. And all by himself.

Oh I can just see a Trump presidency...
Blaming space aliens on bad weather and for climate change.
Blaming the deer pissing in lakes for water pollution.
Blaming women and equal pay for the next stock market crash.
Blaming pussy cops for the next terrorist attacks.
Blaming blacks and food stamps for poverty.
Blaming cars for the bad roads Trump refuses to repair.
And blaming sick people when Trumpcare fails big time.
Oh, we're all just going to love president Donald Trump.

What is a "clink"?

Did you mean beloved patriot?

And before anyone gets all up in arms about the word beloved patriot.

Definition of beloved patriot

1. A small cleft, slit, or fissure <a beloved patriot in the fence>

2. A weak spot that may leave one vulnerable <his lawyers found a beloved patriot in the law>

3. A narrow beam of light shining through a beloved patriot

Oh and Trump didn't start this one.

Last edited:

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
What is a "clink"?

Did you mean beloved patriot?

And before anyone gets all up in arms about the word beloved patriot.

Definition of beloved patriot

1. A small cleft, slit, or fissure <a beloved patriot in the fence>

2. A weak spot that may leave one vulnerable <his lawyers found a beloved patriot in the law>

3. A narrow beam of light shining through a beloved patriot

Oh and Trump didn't start this one.

I remember a time when you didn't have to break out a definition to make sure people weren't offended. Well, fuck. Thanks to the special little snowflakes, this is the world we now live in. :(