Clinton aide accuses Obama of plagiarism

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Why would it? The person he plagiarized already came out and said he spoke to Obama about the same topics and they share ideas all the time, and the Obama camp already said that the individual was helping Obama with his speech and ideas about how words can mean something.

So in short, no

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I doubt it will...the Clinton campaign is grasping for straws at this point, looking for anything to break Obama's winning streak.

The Obama campaign already countered with YouTube clips of Hillary essentially lifting Obama's rhetoric as well.

The plagiarism in question is that one, or several, of Obama's speeches mirror those given by Deval Patrick during his campaign for governor of MA...Obama already admitted that the two speak frequently, and share many political ideas and language.

Is it plagiarism if the borrowed source approves of another candidate using their language...not much different than a candidate speaking the words provided by a speech writer.

This "plagiarism" charge is quite empty.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
If Hillary scores within 7 percentage points in one of the most liberal states she can count herself lucky.

yankeesfan

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2004
Originally posted by: techs
If Hillary scores within 7 percentage points in one of the most liberal states she can count herself lucky.
:roll:

Erm...no. If she loses, she can count herself unlucky.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: ManSnake
Clinton aide accuses Obama of plagiarism

Originally posted by: Starbuck1975
The Obama campaign already countered with YouTube clips of Hillary essentially lifting Obama's rhetoric as well.

We've all been watching Hillary adapt Obma's message and phrasing (in some cases slightly changing a word here or there), it's so obvious it's grotesque. Not to mention even while doing so, she continues to insist "words" don't matter (then belieing this by following up with a quote ripped form Obama. The hypocracy and intellecual dishonesty of this woman is repulsive.)

Now that that's been noticed, she comes out and accuses her opponent of what she's been doing all along. Jeebus, gimme a break :roll:

This is all so typically Clintonian.

Edit: This may reveal the inevitable "new" tack of her campaign. I say inevitable because of the desperation. There's been so many I've lost count "experience", no, "experience of change", no "experience of change and hope". What's next? "Hopeless experience of changing myself into whatever might work"?

In last week's campaign staff shakeup, Billary brought in a guy known as "Doctor Death" for his widely feard op intel. I guess that they are going back on the attack etc.

Fern

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
No, but the Clinton desperation is starting to get ugly.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic
No, but the Clinton desperation is starting to get ugly.

Yeah, this one was really pathetic.

Patrick already came out and said he didn't expect any credit for words from Obama, and that, in fact, he was glad Obama used his words because he feels the attacks coming from Team Clinton have been unfair. Talk about a non-issue!

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004

lmao. That's quite amusing considering Clinton was up by as many as 34% in polls in December.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
it goes to the heart of his campaign. That speeches and words matter. He is running as a authentic candidate who will turn the page and change the tone of Washington. Words matter but ironically, those words are not his own. Joe Biden's 1988 Presidential campaign was basically ended when he got caught lifting parts of a speech from an English politician even though he had attributed that person in previous speeches. It goes to authenticity. John McCain has already attacked Obama for backtracking on his pledge of public financing for the general election as well as lifting parts of Hillary Clinton's economic plan. Now, Obama is lifting parts of speeches from other politicians. To me, it shows he is a standard politician.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Link

Will this give Clinton enough of a boost to win WI tomorrow?

What kind of BS is this? I know Clinton plays dirty with the attack machine but this is pathetic.

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
Originally posted by: chowderhead
it goes to the heart of his campaign. That speeches and words matter. He is running as a authentic candidate who will turn the page and change the tone of Washington. Words matter but ironically, those words are not his own. Joe Biden's 1988 Presidential campaign was basically ended when he got caught lifting parts of a speech from an English politician even though he had attributed that person in previous speeches. It goes to authenticity. John McCain has already attacked Obama for backtracking on his pledge of public financing for the general election as well as lifting parts of Hillary Clinton's economic plan. Now, Obama is lifting parts of speeches from other politicians. To me, it shows he is a standard politician.

Because no one has ever thought of using historical, inspirational speeches as a point of contest in regards to someone challenging them as being pure rhetoric? I'm usually fairly passive about other people's political choices but this is possibly the most pathetic attack outside of claiming Obama is a terrorist. I truly don't understand where such misguided people originate.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: chowderhead
Now, Obama is lifting parts of speeches from other politicians. To me, it shows he is a standard politician.

Yeah, I better not hear any politition talking about "fiscal responsibility" I'm pretty sure I've heard that before. Same with "keeping America strong", "helping the middle class", or "cutting/raising taxes".

Nope, that would be blantant plagerism.

Can you imagine, some other politition thought "hope" and "change" might be good for his state? But now that he's used those, we can't adopt them as an idea for national politics.

I thought I heard a polition use the phrase "where's the beef?" in a debate some years ago. I think he outta be sued for plagerism.

I don't think there's been anything new or original in politics for thousands of years. The real trick is taking all these old "tools" and putting them to use in the right time and place.

(Note: Proper post usage requires sarcasm meter)

Fern

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
Link

Will this give Clinton enough of a boost to win WI tomorrow?

It didn't seem to matter much when the Clinton campaign plagiarized entire platform planks from the Edwards campaign so I don't think this will either.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Is techs the new Riprorin?

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001

Your previous arguments included one about Hillary being stronger with the democratic base and Obama only being able to win in republican states and with independents? Did you get confused already?

If Hillary can't beat Obama with liberals, and can't win among independents, who exactly does she expect to vote for her?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
It was stupid, but it will take more than that to unseat obama's inevitable and unyielding clinch on the dem nomination.