Clinton’s popular vote lead surpasses two million.

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Are you going to apologize for impugning my integrity
Sigh...

I believe those things but I don't expect you to ponder them as if they are objective fact.

Don't you have something better to do?

How old are you? I feel like whenever we interact I'm arguing with my 9 year old.

Just a heads up this is how shitty people without facts or reason on their side "win", just like he wins at disputes about evolution by creating a sense of controversy.

The fundamental mistake is to consider them equals, as liberals are wont to do.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Jul 9, 2009
It's pretty much a common sense conservative thing. If it isn't broken, why fix it? The Electoral College has been working fine for a long time. Keep calm and worry about something else.

baydude

Sep 13, 2011
Only a Straw Man On Fire would believe there is no illegal voting into the millions regardless of the pencil whipped "Pew Research" results..

CNN Politics ‏@CNNPolitics 7h7 hours ago

Donald Trump wins Michigan's 16 electoral votes, bringing the final electoral tally to Trump 306, Clinton 232 http://cnn.com/results

Trumps latest tweet on Twitter:
.@CNN is so embarrassed by their total (100%) support of Hillary Clinton, and yet her loss in a landslide, that they don't know what to do.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
It's pretty much a common sense conservative thing. If it isn't broken, why fix it? The Electoral College has been working fine for a long time. Keep calm and worry about something else.

A system is obviously broken if it substantially hinges on the whims of some easily riled undereducated rednecks.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
In a society where the majority rules I find the electoral college ripe for reform. I know it was created as a way to provide equal representation to states with lower populations but when the popular vote is so wide between the candidates then I believe that there should be some provisional rules that take precedence. In essence it silences the voices of far too many people and needs to be amended.

In no time at all you would end up with regional dictatorships. The DNC has become a coastal political party east and west.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
End of thread.

/buckshatted

A lot of discussions here are frankly just demonstrations of abject human behavior. There's often just so little signal amidst the collection of well-known dumbshits set on proving just how worthless they can be.

Consider how simple of an issue this popular vote vs EC thing is. Anyone who's used computers has probably played a game from time to time, and thus should know that no matter how careful the creators or their intentions, there are sometimes design flaws that can exploited, esp in competitive play. It's certain that the creators of the EC never intended for important national elections to hinge on the opinions of relatively few easily riled rednecks in some rust belt, over and above millions of votes in regions that actually have a future.

Customers expect game makers fix minor exploitable flaws with a far more trivial product, yet somehow the government can't be expected to fix this massive issue with global consequences. I suppose more can't be expected from selfish shits in a political situation, but from any objective problem-solving perspective it's nothing but a complete fucking farce.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
A lot of discussions here are frankly just demonstrations of abject human behavior. There's often just so little signal amidst the collection of well-known dumbshits set on proving just how worthless they can be.

Consider how simple of an issue this popular vote vs EC thing is. Anyone who's used computers has probably played a game from time to time, and thus should know that no matter how careful the creators or their intentions, there are sometimes design flaws that can exploited, esp in competitive play. It's certain that the creators of the EC never intended for important national elections to hinge on the opinions of relatively few easily riled rednecks in some rust belt, over and above millions of votes in regions that actually have a future.

Customers expect game makers fix minor exploitable flaws with a far more trivial product, yet somehow the government can't be expected to fix this massive issue with global consequences. I suppose more can't be expected from selfish shits in a political situation, but from any objective problem-solving perspective it's nothing but a complete fucking farce.
You're not progressing well through the stages of grief. Which, for a progressive is, well, not good.

But on another note, on the 21st of January when the alt-right goon squads come pounding on your door, are you going to go quietly? I've heard the proggies that don't resist will get lodging at the FEMA camps in warmer climes.

Reactions: imported_tajmahal

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
You're not progressing well through the stages of grief. Which, for a progressive is, well, not good.

But on another note, on the 21st of January when the alt-right goon squads come pounding on your door, are you going to go quietly? I've heard the proggies that don't resist will get lodging at the FEMA camps in warmer climes.

Prime example of less than worthless noise generators.

Reactions: ivwshane

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
A system is obviously broken if it substantially hinges on the whims of some easily riled undereducated rednecks.

Ah yes, and here we have ignorance and complete denial on display yet again. It is never anything that the Left does wrong or its policies. It must be because people are stupid, sexist, racist, whatever-the-fucksist, etc. It is never you guys. Not saying that the Right doesn't have its fair share of stupid people as well but please do not pretend that the Left is pure as the driven snow. To not accept any blame for Hillary not winning is completely absurd but that is the world we live in.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Ah yes, and here we have ignorance and complete denial on display yet again. It is never anything that the Left does wrong or its policies. It must be because people are stupid, sexist, racist, whatever-the-fucksist, etc. It is never you guys. Not saying that the Right doesn't have its fair share of stupid people as well but please do not pretend that the Left is pure as the driven snow. To not accept any blame for Hillary not winning is completely absurd but that is the world we live in.

Not surprising when people who've never known anything other than what foxnews and their gut reveal still consider themselves equals on issues where facts matter. First, try pondering this for a while http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Balance_fallacy, and it if jumpstarts anything upstairs then consider that pretty much any other gop candidate would've lost to clinton. Hmm I do wonder what really sets the birther-in-chief turned alt-right recruiter apart from them.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Not surprising when people who've never known anything other than what foxnews and their gut reveal still consider themselves equals on issues where facts matter. First, try pondering this for a while http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Balance_fallacy, and it if jumpstarts anything upstairs then consider that pretty much any other gop candidate would've lost to clinton. Hmm I do wonder what really sets the birther-in-chief turned alt-right recruiter apart from them.
Wait now, Faux News is the only credible news source besides fringe media if you want right wing conspiracy laden, I mean fair and balanced content.:eek: Don't believe me just ask Alex Jones?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Wait now, Faux News is the only credible news source besides fringe media if you want right wing conspiracy laden, I mean fair and balanced content.:eek: Don't believe me just ask Alex Jones?
I don't think Alex is a big fan of Fox.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
I don't think Alex is a big fan of Fox.
Alex Jones is a faker. He is a fake truther that is about as real as CNN, MSNBC or Fox News. He might be worse in that he tries to stir racial and other forms of hatred even more so.

He picks and chooses what topics to cover based on convenience. He and his team go out and act like they are some independent voices who are trying to uncover the "truth."

This guy is a race baiter and sensationalist. His titles are click bait usually that are meant to stir emotions. Of course many people flock to him and his channel. He has almost 2 million subscribers that watch his hate spewing videos. I'm sure many of these people think he's telling the truth, especially since he's supposed to be "alternative media." Yeah, he might be alternative but it doesn't mean that he is sincere.

He never questions illegal wars, never questions the war against Muslims, never questions so many things that are going on.

He has recently posted a video titled "Jihadist Somali with a Machete Killed in Ohio Rampage." This should tell you something about this faker.

Last edited:

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Alex Jones is a faker. He is a fake truther that is about as real as CNN, MSNBC or Fox News. He might be worse in that he tries to stir racial and other forms of hatred even more so.

He picks and chooses what topics to cover based on convenience. He and his team go out and act like they are some independent voices who are trying to uncover the "truth."

This guy is a race baiter and sensationalist. His titles are click bait usually that are meant to stir emotions. Of course many people flock to him and his channel. He has almost 2 million subscribers that watch his hate spewing videos. I'm sure many of these people think he's telling the truth, especially since he's supposed to be "alternative media." Yeah, he might be alternative but it doesn't mean that he is sincere.

He never questions illegal wars, never questions the war against Muslims, never questions so many things that are going on.

He has recently posted a video titled "Jihadist Somali with a Machete Killed in Ohio Rampage." This should tell you something about this faker.
Are you glad you got that off your chest?

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009

Ah, there you go making stupid assumptions as usual. I don't watch FoxNews because they tell people what they want to hear. I do occasionally watch CNN and even watch MSNBC to see what crazy shit they are screaming about.

As for the balance fallacy, I am curious as to why you need to bring that up. Are you saying that the Democrats do not need to accept any responsibility for losing this election? None? It is clearly because a good bit of Americans are just stupid and racist and that's the only reason they voted for Trump. Keep living in your leftist bubble. This will be the next bubble to burst, if it hasn't already. Not the student loan debt, not the stock market crashing but rather your insulated bubble.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Ah, there you go making stupid assumptions as usual. I don't watch FoxNews because they tell people what they want to hear. I do occasionally watch CNN and even watch MSNBC to see what crazy shit they are screaming about.

As for the balance fallacy, I am curious as to why you need to bring that up. Are you saying that the Democrats do not need to accept any responsibility for losing this election? None? It is clearly because a good bit of Americans are just stupid and racist and that's the only reason they voted for Trump. Keep living in your leftist bubble. This will be the next bubble to burst, if it hasn't already. Not the student loan debt, not the stock market crashing but rather your insulated bubble.

Clearly the democrats weren't racist enough to counter the mexicans-are-rapists message from the birther in chief turned alt-right recruiter. Next time they'll need their own brownie scapegoat to get in good with the rust belt crowd; somebody's going to have to take one for the team.

Last edited: