Clint Eastwood Endorses Bloomberg, Citing ‘Ornery’ Politics

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Well I guess it is all over with!! If Clint endorses Bloomberg that is good enough for me!! Game set and match!!

(Bloomberg) -- Hollywood legend and longtime Republican activist Clint Eastwood has endorsed Michael Bloomberg for president, saying he was tired of the “ornery” politics of Donald Trump.

“The best thing we could do is just get Mike Bloomberg in there,” Eastwood said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal published Friday.

The prolific actor and director, 89, last made a foray into presidential politics in 2012, when he appeared at the Republican National Convention to endorse nominee Mitt Romney and did a mocking dialogue with Barack Obama, who was represented on stage by an empty chair.

(Bloomberg is the founder and majority owner of Bloomberg LP, the parent company of Bloomberg News.)

Eastwood, a registered Libertarian, never officially endorsed Donald Trump in 2016, but said he was “onto something” and “secretly everybody’s getting tired of political correctness, kissing up.”

But in the Journal interview, he lamented that “politics has gotten so ornery,” adding that while he approves of “certain things that Trump’s done,” he wished the president would act “in a more genteel way, without tweeting and calling people names. I would personally like for him to not bring himself to that level.”

The “Dirty Harry” star also served his time as a mayor. Eastwood led the wealthy enclave of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California, for two years, while Bloomberg served three terms as mayor of New York City.

Joe Biden also got a boost from a celebrity, when the actress and performer Cher appeared alongside him in Las Vegas after endorsing his candidacy earlier this week.

Reactions: Lanyap

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Just what Bloomberg needs: An endorsement by the Chair Man. :rolleyes:

Clint-eastwood-chair.jpg

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
It really shouldn't be a surprise. Eastwood is very right wing, like Bloomberg. But unlike literally everyone who supports Trump, Clint isn't a Nazi.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Like from one of his western movies the "ornery" term. "Boy ur just an ornery fella aintcha?" And on an unrelated note I'm glad that some women on net dating sites make it a requirement that a guy must not be a Trump supporter in order to get a date with them.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Like from one of his western movies the "ornery" term. "Boy ur just an ornery fella aintcha?" And on an unrelated note I'm glad that some women on net dating sites make it a requirement that a guy must not be a Trump supporter in order to get a date with them.
I think the dating site thing doesn't even have to be about politics. By saying "no Trump supporters" you're also eliminating a solid 80-90% of misogynists too. And misogynist incels are more likely to admit their political support than their general shitty inhumanity.

Reactions: Pohemi

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
"But in the Journal interview, he lamented that “politics has gotten so ornery,” adding that while he approves of “certain things that Trump’s done,” he wished the president would act “in a more genteel way, without tweeting and calling people names. I would personally like for him to not bring himself to that level.”

ah, yes... the old "certain things I like" without the qualifier for what those "things" are.... fuck him and the empty chair he rode in on. lol.

• Haha

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
For someone who has produced several memorable movies, I've always been dumfounded by his simplistic political naivete.

So he, too, has begun to feel as though he's being slapped in the face every time Trump the Virus appears on TV? Am I supposed to take comfort in that?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
"But in the Journal interview, he lamented that “politics has gotten so ornery,” adding that while he approves of “certain things that Trump’s done,” he wished the president would act “in a more genteel way, without tweeting and calling people names. I would personally like for him to not bring himself to that level.”

ah, yes... the old "certain things I like" without the qualifier for what those "things" are.... fuck him and the empty chair he rode in on. lol.
Yea, it's just his behavior that bothers me, not locking children up in cells.

• Haha

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
For someone who has produced several memorable movies, I've always been dumfounded by his simplistic political naivete.
The guy has made his career on playing tough solo guy that doesn't need anything except his grit and his gun. Is it any surprise he's a libertarian simpleton?

• Haha

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The guy has made his career on playing tough solo guy that doesn't need anything except his grit and his gun. Is it any surprise he's a libertarian simpleton?
Nope no surprise! But with that said -- He owns property in the city where I live and and every so often we get a glimps of this guy and he is a very nice friendly down to earth man!! Except you have to stay off his lawn!!!

• Haha

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Got a chain e-mail from my FIL recently that had "Clint Eastwood" ranting about the conspiracy against Trump and MAGA and blah blah blah.

I mean, I can't even get Jesus to talk to be but this guy has Clint Eastwood e-mailing him...

Anyhow, wonder how he would react to this news. Clint Eastwood becomes part of the deep state overnight...

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Got a chain e-mail from my FIL recently that had "Clint Eastwood" ranting about the conspiracy against Trump and MAGA and blah blah blah.

I mean, I can't even get Jesus to talk to be but this guy has Clint Eastwood e-mailing him...

Anyhow, wonder how he would react to this news. Clint Eastwood becomes part of the deep state overnight...
Send him a hardcopy newspaper :awe:

Feb 4, 2009

Waiting for the Forrest Gump meme
“And just like that Trump supporters hate Dirty Harry”