ClimatePrediction.net Problems

tedamenta

Sep 20, 2003
I understand that the ClimatePrediction.net server is down and that is why I can not upload results. But my computer keeps trying to do so about every 5 minutes which is beginning to get frustrating. I hate to uninstall the program because I believe in the experiment and to be a part of it. But, I can?t go on being interrupted every 5 minutes (like just now!) to click through the same error message over and over again. Does anyone know how I can stop this constant interruption from happening? By the way, I have of course tried shutting down the program. It just launches itself automatically again.

Also, I have never been able to access the ClimatePrediction.net discussion forums. I have tried to sign up under two different names. During the sign up process the system tells me that it will send an activation code. In each attempt I used a different email address and did not receive an activation code at either. I can read messages but not post. I have emailed tech support but have not received a response. About a week has gone by now. Does anyone here have any suggestions what the trouble might be?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone here that does have access to the ClimatePrediction.net discussion forum would please post this message there for me.

Thank you very much!

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
I don't know what email you are using but did you check your spam folder for the email ?

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
you must have it installed as a service
start>run>services.msc
find CPDN service, double click it, change the startup type to manual instead of automatic. you can even disable it i believe and just run cp.net as an app, instead of reinstalling, i think.
i wasnt very far into a WU when i just reinstalled without choosing to install as a service.