Climate Change: Siberian wildfires are a HUGE deal and not much from the media.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Came across this video today. I had no idea what Siberia is going thru. Truly shocking and sad. I'm suprised that we haven't heard anything from the media since this would fall under climate change.

Reactions: Leeea

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Came across this video today. I had no idea what Siberia is going thru. Truly shocking and sad. I'm suprised that we haven't heard anything from the media since this would fall under climate change.

Sorry comrade. Dear leader Putin says everything is fine or started by subservice elements. Nothing to see here.

BTW this has been extensively covered by many media outlets. WAPO had an article last week about the fires being bigger than the rest of the world combined. Stop trying to stay informed from youtube.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Sorry comrade. Dear leader Putin says everything is fine or started by subservice elements. Nothing to see here.

BTW this has been extensively covered by many media outlets. WAPO had an article last week about the fires being bigger than the rest of the world combined. Stop trying to stay informed from youtube.

But but... YouTube is life. :(

Mar 11, 2004
So, the media isn't covering it, just watch this video of the media covering it? I get the OP is a moron, but it appears that other people seem to be ignoring how big of a moron the OP is.

He can't even blame it on that. He's literally linking to a video of the media coverage of it while claiming the media isn't covering it at all. Sadly, this is not an uncommon thing. I have so many people that declare the media is awful and doesn't cover so much stuff, then give me blank stares when I ask how they found out about it, wherein they link to a media story about it, which leads me to point out this contradiction.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
On the bright side, you'll probably be able to purchase some nice beachfront properly in the sub-tropical region formerly known as Siberia about 40 years from now.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hopefully you'll have the weaponry in your beachfront mansion to hold off the roving mad max bands of bandits that will be running the world by then.

Watching morons protest and even assault medical people--the same people working their asses off to save other morons--should be a clue that we are screwed as a species.

Mother nature will eventually heal herself, and some other species might get its chance. Any surviving humans scratching out a caveman existence can be the new cattle :)

News is for making money. People don't want to hear any more about climate change. It's too complex apparently for our monkey brains, and anyway they've found alternative "news" that says its all a hoax. Any news channel that treated climate change as seriously as it should be would fall to the bottom of ratings.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I hate the term climate change, just because rightwing snowflakes get offended by the phrase global warming doesn't mean we should stop using it.

Reactions: Leeea

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Hopefully you'll have the weaponry in your beachfront mansion to hold off the roving mad max bands of bandits that will be running the world by then.

Watching morons protest and even assault medical people--the same people working their asses off to save other morons--should be a clue that we are screwed as a species.

Mother nature will eventually heal herself, and some other species might get its chance. Any surviving humans scratching out a caveman existence can be the new cattle :)

News is for making money. People don't want to hear any more about climate change. It's too complex apparently for our monkey brains, and anyway they've found alternative "news" that says its all a hoax. Any news channel that treated climate change as seriously as it should be would fall to the bottom of ratings.
I laugh every time I hear people say "save the planet" . This ball will be around until our sun start its evolution to be a red giant. It's not going anywhere until then. It's about saving human life, which is the current infestation.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I laugh every time I hear people say "save the planet" . This ball will be around until our sun start its evolution to be a red giant. It's not going anywhere until then. It's about saving human life, which is the current infestation.
Well, and also lots of other species, we aren't the only ones we're killing here.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I always thought that Siberia was covered in snow. I guess not anymore...

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
It's a human driven ecosphere now, and won't last long for any living thing if nothing changes.

We are quite likely to become an Industrial Planet with a synthetic surface. I would rather be building a Gaia World where we fit into the environment so well that from Orbit our presence is barely noticeable.

It is difficult to achieve something Good when so many are obsessed with Greed.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Best way to "save" human life, is to have 1/10th of it.
Then maybe we could conceivably achieve balance with nature.
But for our effort, regardless of population, we would need a dramatic reduction in quality of life and amenities. Like transport, heating, and air conditioning. A return to living in mud huts seems destined for our future, no?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Amazing how no country is stepping on the accelator to try to slow down the shit storm that will come to all life soon enough. So fucked up.
Its not amazing.
The majority of humans are either ignorant or apathetic or at a complete loss of power. They wont vote in politicians who will change anything.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
If we could send every Trumphumper to Siberia on a 'humanitarian' mission, the planet would instantly become a better place.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
But for our effort, regardless of population, we would need a dramatic reduction in quality of life and amenities. Like transport, heating, and air conditioning. A return to living in mud huts seems destined for our future, no?

No.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I'm pretty sure we can manage better than that and still be in balance.