Click Bios 2 does not work on Win7 64 & Z77A-G45

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by szvwxcszxc, Dec 5, 2012.

1. szvwxcszxc

szvwxcszxc Senior member

Click Bios 2 hangs on the splash screen forever. I already installed Intel Management Engine Component and configured the BIOS.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the Click Bios 2 for several times but still no luck.

(I copied this exact post above from another forum thread someone else posted but there was no answer. I am having exact same issue.)

• Clean install of windows
    • Worked before
    • Does not work in BIOS either at boot
    • Cannot change BIOS settings at all
    • Updated to latest BIOS using Live Updater
    • Hadn't tried on first OS after updating BIOS to newest version but it might not have been working then either. Everything worked perfect though before that.

Moved from HT to Mobos
    -ViRGE

#1 szvwxcszxc, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
  2. rumpleforeskin

rumpleforeskin Senior member

Did you install your motherboard chipset drivers after reinstalling windows?

I see you also updated your BIOS. but its not clear from your post if you done this because "click bios" was not working, or if you done this as part of your windows upgrade. If its the latter option you may want to roll-back your BIOS or OS to the old working version to determine which of the 2 updates is giving you the incomparability.

You'd probably get more help on this problem if this were posted in the motherboard forum instead of highly technical!

3. szvwxcszxc

szvwxcszxc Senior member

BIOS works now at boot after installing some other drivers, but Click Bios II still does not work from OS. (IT is a special feature allowing users to change BIOS settings from within the OS).

TO answer your question, I only updated the BIOS to the newest version as part of first-time computer maintenance, ensuring that everything was up-to-date, including the BIOS. However, before the update, it was definitely working fine.

I don't know how to roll-back my BIOS.

4. szvwxcszxc

szvwxcszxc Senior member

I downloaded the previous BIOS version (2.6), copied it to a USB stick, and then booted into BIOS and flashed the BIOS to that version. Then Click BIOS 2 worked.

Apparently the latest Click Bios 2 is not compatible with the version 2.7 BIOS of this motherboard.