Clearly 'Good Shoots' where they have no choice and should be commended

Nov 17, 2019
Kentucky police fatally shoot man who fired at them

www.msn.com.ico
Associated Press - on MSN.com|33 minutes ago
Police providing security in the aftermath of deadly tornadoes in Kentucky have fatally shot a man who fired at them, state police said. The shooting occurred early Wednesday as officers from the Frankfort Police Department were in Mayfield helping local agencies patrol the Mayfield-Graves County Fairgrounds after last month's tornadoes,

Considering some of the other looting type stories from the area, I'll guess possibly a meth head looking for stuff to swipe.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Not a shoot—but holy shit these LAPD cops should be commended and given medals. Balls of blue steel on these chaps!

A reminder that good police work doesn’t always require a gun.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
There are LOTS of good shoots, and the cops that had to take them should be commended/comforted. They almost universally ARE.

There are LOTS of bad shoots and those cops should be fired and prosecuted. The almost universally are NOT.

* The belief that some cops do really evil things and should be prosecuted is not mutually exclusive to the thought that some cops HAVE to shoot and it is a good thing when they do it. The fact that some cops have done both doesn't excuse them from consequences of the evil thing.

Reactions: hal2kilo

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I don't have a problem when cops kill people who NEED killing...it's when they kill someone who could have/SHOULD have been dealt with in a non-lethal way that bothers me.

If you fight the cops...if you shoot at the cops...if you run from the cops...you're asking to be shot...and I won't USUALLY fault the cops for doing it.

Reactions: FirNaTine

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
False.
They get ceremonies and medals and dinners when they shoot someone in the line of duty.

They also win the right to get their murder tattoo representing their murder gang. As long as they aren't female or black, in which case they aren't allowed. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compton_Executioners

@Lost_in_the_HTTP, don't act like they don't get nice things for killing people. Unless they are black or female. In which case I suspect you don't want them to get nice things anyway, so the system appears to work from your perspective.