Clearchannel boots 98 Rock's Bubba the Love Sponge - aww.. hate to see an awesome DJ go

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
I used to listen to him on 93.3 FLZ when it was the PowerPig.. He was gonna retire but 98 Rock picked him up. (These are both Tampa, FL stations, btw.)

He was an awesome DJ.. He did outrageous stuff, of course, but he also did a lot of things that his listeners enjoyed. He hated PETA and he ripped on them all the time. He didn't take crap from anyone. The FCC decides to use Bubba as a scapegoat and Clearchannel removes him.. That's crap.

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
I listened to him every night when I was in Florida on vacation once and was in love - we never get cool/funny radio personalities around here.

Ikonomi

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2003
Clear Channel SUCKS. I hate them. I won't listen to any of their stations now.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
There's a station called "98 rock" here in Sacramento. It's not owned by clear channel, though.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Clear Channel is the best thing that ever happened to radio. I get to hear the same song 24 times a day and in every major US city. Wonderful!

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Mill
Clear Channel is the best thing that ever happened to radio. I get to hear the same song 24 times a day and in every major US city. Wonderful!

;)

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
It sucks that in order to be syndicated and reach more people DJ's have to work for big companies like Clearchannel and Westwood One. I swear, every few months Don and Mike are bitching about how they're once again being screwed over by Westwood One, not to mention the fact that Opie and Anthony are no longer on the air. I really can't wait for them to come back. Hell, the only group I've heard of switching from a big station to local was the Sports Junkies.

ChicagoNick

Dec 16, 2003
clear channel is the microsoft of radio...they suck in all the stations and make them play the same damn music all day all the time.

i know cuz i work for clear channel and we blast the radio at work. but we have good parties. =)

i work for 2 oppressive companies...lol. SBC and Clear Channel...just waiting for MS to pick me up and i'll be in the trifecta of evil!

ClueLis

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2003
Originally posted by: ChicagoNick
clear channel is the microsoft of radio...they suck in all the stations and make them play the same damn music all day all the time.

i know cuz i work for clear channel and we blast the radio at work. but we have good parties. =)

i work for 2 oppressive companies...lol. SBC and Clear Channel...just waiting for MS to pick me up and i'll be in the trifecta of evil!

Have you no soul?

ChicagoNick

Dec 16, 2003
Originally posted by: ClueLis

Have you no soul?

sometimes i wonder...

clear channel has hotties working for them though, so i think it's something else that's causing me to stay...;) + free concerts, movies and VIP at major clubs!

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003

i work for 2 oppressive companies...lol. SBC and Clear Channel...just waiting for MS to pick me up and i'll be in the axis of evil!

I Bush'ized it for you...

ucdbiendog

Platinum Member
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: brxndxn
I used to listen to him on 93.3 FLZ when it was the PowerPig.. He was gonna retire but 98 Rock picked him up. (These are both Tampa, FL stations, btw.)

He was an awesome DJ.. He did outrageous stuff, of course, but he also did a lot of things that his listeners enjoyed. He hated PETA and he ripped on them all the time. He didn't take crap from anyone. The FCC decides to use Bubba as a scapegoat and Clearchannel removes him.. That's crap.

damn crazy, theres a 98 rock here in sacramento as well

edit: doh! this is me posting before reading the whole thread

thawolfman

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: pyonir
Fvck clear channel.

Couldn't have said it any better. And for that matter fvck Bubba too - They had him on here in Connecticut when we had Radio 104 around and that show was trash IMO.

Dee Snider r0xed Bubba! :D

-Ben-