Cleaning up the desk, what to throw away..

Philippine Mango

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2004
Got lots of papers on my desk, some I'm keeping until the 'issue' is resolved, others I don't think really have a purpose at all. I've got some reciepts for the items i've mailed to people on ebay and i was wondering if I should keep them or not. The items have already arrived at their destination and I've already gotten feedback so I don't know if it'd be worth it to keep it or not..

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
from experience, it's better to keep these things for a while longer. what if something happens to their copy? not your fault but it would be great if you had the original. put it in a folder somewhere. possible scan it. it's better to keep these things.

my mother almost lost her entire work because her computer's hdd failed. she had a backup but it was several weeks old. not much help. fortunately she worked on it a bit on my computer the day before. i didn't delete it and saved her a lot of trouble.

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
I started saving papers in file folders in a filing cabinet. I have had to go searching for something and found it much easier than if I had a big drawer or pile full of assorted bills and receipts. I typically sort folders either by category, company, or month for generic receipts. It is a pain to sit there and file it every few months but I think the benefit outweighs the effort.

Philippine Mango

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2004
Originally posted by: ScottSwingleComputers
Throw it all away. None is needed.

Finally someone read the actual post, lol. I was thinking that since I've already gotten feedback that I wouldn't need the receipts, but is it possible the buyer could sue me or something? I normally keep reciepts for things I've bought for warranty purposes but for this, I'm not so sure.