Classless Buckeye fans

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

austin316

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Injury
Way to generalize. You catch a few bad things on film and suddenly it's the whole college and every fan of that college doing it. I'm certain Michigan fans go out and shake everyone's hands and buy them a cup of tea before and after games.

you have no idea unless you have been there. it is crazy and it can't be explained.

and it is completely different that UM. the seen up there is much much much more subdued.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: austin316
I was there in 2002 and I have NEVER seen anything that even comes close to comparing. There are about 70,000 students at tOSU. Another 400,000 fans come to campus that day. and it seems like everyone drinks and doesn't stop. By 9:00AM, you can't move anywhere on high street. 2004 was different, because a national title wasn't on the line.

If both teams are undefeated on NOV 18, forget about it. Gonna be the craziest thing you have ever seen. And win or lose, mark my word, riots will ensue.
For the last bloody time, it is NOT "tOSU". It's "OSU". Always has been, always will be.

ZV

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
Originally posted by: AndrewR
Wait a minute here. You're actually implying that there is class somewhere within the native Ohio population? Well, perhaps somewhere in Ohio, but not in Dayton! ;)

For the record, I don't give a damn about college football, OSU or Michigan. I just can't stand living in this state!
That's because Dayton is a city and all cities suck. Go out into the wilderness, into the rural towns and the farm communities. That's where the good people are.

ZV

Just last week I took a little trip north of Dayton to Urbana, Piqua, Union City, Versailles, and Sydney. All great towns and some beautiful country.

Found a cool little restuarant in Union City with great burgers, and a little bakery in Versailles with awesome butterscotch cookies.

rocadelpunk

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Originally posted by: edro
Originally posted by: bubbadu
Thanks for reminding me why I just booked my ticket. ****** MICHIGAN.
HAHAHA!

O-H

I-O

post script: This reverberates throughout the stadium after any win. : P

O, we don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan
The whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan
We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we're from Ohio
We're from Ohio...O-H
We're from Ohio...I-O

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Syringer
Even if they win a national championship, they'll still be graduates of Ohio State ;)

you implying there is something wrong with being a graduate of The Ohio State University?
cuz um, pretty sure, as a public university, being a graduate from it means more now than it ever has, and its growing to be a highly recognized university.
ESPECIALLY if you are in the Political Science department, seeing as it is one of the best poli sci schools in the country, with a bonus of having Dr. Mueller here. i'd love to have a class taught by him, who knows if I'll get lucky. either way, I'll be in International Studies (specialization in Security and Intelligence), and I will be taking a LOT of Poli Sci classes. looking forward to them.

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
Whats the big deal. It happens everywhere.

Exhibit A , Started out as Go flames go, to SHOW US YOUR TITS. NSFW. The video doesn't show the Monkeys that were having fun braking ****** and fighting.

Exhibit B Same ****** different pile, just a little to the north.

Exhibit C French are having a party.

I could go on and on and on.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
I was thinking about going down there on game day, but decided otherwise 2 weeks ago...just not worth the hassle. I'll celebrate my winnings in Ann Arbor. :D

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: rocadelpunk
Originally posted by: edro
Originally posted by: bubbadu
Thanks for reminding me why I just booked my ticket. ****** MICHIGAN.
HAHAHA!

O-H

I-O

post script: This reverberates throughout the stadium after any win. : P

We're from Ohio...O-H
We're from Ohio...I-O

O-H

FVCK YES....

Looking at my FROM OHIO WITH LOVE SHIRT...... FVCK MICHIGAN WITH ANN ARBOR IS STILLLL A WHORE ON THE BACK. I even got a Michigan shirt for 99 cents ready to burn.

1 week till I arrive in Columbus. GO BUCKS.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
This doesn't surprise me...but it's always the less successful of the 2 rivals that is more classless...as is shown by OSU.